• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Can I Use Perl Offline?

Omari

I want to run my Perl scripts while offline... Can I do that? I have Apache and Perl both installed and working but I need to run my Perl scripts while im offline.

i mean i want to be able to open like a forum in my browser to test it out, or a topsites or somthing.

i don't think

Can you do that in windows. Or is it just linux (which is the best)

Be sure to set the path to c:/perl/perl.exe so it will work correctly though.

Nope. It should automatically configure its self but if it does say something needs changing pots whatever is needed and i'll try help you sort it out :).

If you want things to work "out-of-box", try IndigoPerl. IndigoPerl is a binary build of Perl 5.6 for Win32 with an integrated Apache webserver for testing and developing CGI scripts. It also includes a browser based GUI Package Manager for installing pre-built binary packages from repositories. The package manager can also be used to build and install CPAN source modules.

Best of all, it has DBI modules compiled so you can integrate with mysql (if you have it installed).

Oh yeah, the url: http://www.indigostar.com/indigoperl.htm

Hope this helps.

Back