• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Can i have some advice and opinions?

Dave...!

Hello everyone,

Edit: If anyone knows if i can get better reseller hosting for the price i have listed below please tell me and dont rip me off. I am so new when it comes to this stuff! :biggrin2:

I would like some help with gathering information about reseller accounts. Below i have listed everything i wish to achieve. Can some of you guys please tell me if this would be a bad idea or a good idea. Thanks!

* My Budget Is Between £70 per year! (Around $115 i think.. :)

* I would like to get a reseller account with:

1. 10gb Space

2. 50gb Bandwidth

3. Can host Unlimited Amount Of Domains, MYSql, email etc.

4. Must include either Cpanel, Plesk or a decent control panel interface.

5. Can provide FTP

* With the reseller i would like to sell back to people who already own a domain with the following: (I would open the offer to 10 people only!)

For £10 a year providing they already have a domain name i will give one person:

1. 1gb Space

2. 5gb Bandwidth

3. 10 Mysql databases

4. 50 email accounts.

5. FTP Access

6. And of course Cpanel

Overall i would hopefully earn back £100 making a nice little £40-50 profit. I would then repeat the process at a later stage and keep earning money.

Can someone tell me if this can be done and would prove to be a good deal. If so would someone be willing to help me set everything up.

Thanks in advance!

p.s If it seems i have missed something out please tell me!

Last edited:
Hey Dave,

There's two things I've noticed:

Firstly, your space : data transfer ratio's should probably be more in proportion. If someone fills up their space, and then a visitor views every single item hosted, then the site will only be available for 4-5 visits per month. Also, the vast majority of normal websites don't need 1gb of space.

I like a space:transfer ratio of 1:20
i.e. 100mb space with 2gb data transfer, etc

<edit />

To give you an idea of a reseller plan, Riverworld.net sells 1gb space and 30gb transfer for about £11 per month.

If you like, PM me your Instant Messenger alias/screenname, and I'll help you out.

Last edited:
The original post actually requests £50-60 per year. Most people will agree that this is too low a price to expect even acceptable service. Especially with that amount of disk space, you are looking at closer to (approx) £25 per month.

Also, the plan you indicated you would like to sell would be valued by most at much more than £10 per year. The price really varies from host to host, based on the equiptment they use, support quality, etc; but £3-5 per month would be on the low end for that much (especially with 1 GB disk space).

Ok guys thanks,

I will think over what u have said. Can someone tell me of their experiences with reseller? Was it profitable (did you make more than break-even?).

:)

I may go up to £100. Would it be a good idea and how much a chance do i have of losing money?

Last edited:
One piece of advise I'd like to leave you with is to pay month-to-month (I assume you are considering paying yearly since you mentioned price per year). That way, if the provider you choose doesn't work out for you or you decide you're done after a month, you'll only be out 1 month of hosting.

I'll let people with experience reselling provide you with specific "case studies", but in general, if you do your research and offer a solid service (and have a reliable provider), then reselling hosting space can be profitable. Likewise, if you aren't prepared to handle common issues and contingencies, it can be a complete disaster. Simply because it worked out for one person doesn't mean it will work out for you and vise versa - there is a great deal of variation in the hosting industry, and you've just got to figure out what is best for you.

Back