• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Can anyone beat this

I posted wrong READ NOW

Actually,

The deal was that I am buying a 80 GB hd on server for 70$ from some small web host, asking for 50 Gigs of the hard drive and supplier can have the other 30. I was going to give him 30$/month for 150 Gigs of bandwith and a few small features.

I am looking for the same with maybe a few dollars lee-weigh

I'll still pay around 70$ for the HD but I would like maybe 65 Gigs of HD Space. And I would like to pay the 25$ (if need be 30's fine i just want more HD Space) for the Bandwidth and I definately want CPanel and WHM. Please give me offers.

I would like some references from current customers to your business also.

Thanks.

Its not space and bandwidth thats the issue its processor usage.
That amount of space could host a lot of sites.
All you need is two busy bulletin boards and the server will keel over.

GordonH. I disagree.

Processor/system resources usage can be easily controlled and maintained with good knowledge. Also depends on what hardware is actually used of course. A high end dual opteron processor will be able to handle much more than two busy bulletin boards for sure.

But it raises a good point to the thread poster, you might have problems with sharing a processor and other system resources with the other party.

Well. if you have the time you can fine tune a server and mollycoddle it so it will work with a lot of sites on it.
However, if you have lots of servers this becomes uneconomical.
Its actually chreaper to have more servers with fewer sites.
Even using dual processors (or quads as we use now) there is still a limit to the number of sites you can put on one machine, and peoples resource requirements have increased a lot over the past five years too which doesn't help.

I find the quad processors allow us to ride over accidents and crashes caused by spikes in processor usage. Even a bad script thats not closing connections to mysql will often not crash one of those servers when it would have killed a standard pentium, so multiple processors is definitley an advantage.

Sorry, thats a bit off the original posters point. oldman2

i think any host here planning to host you i think their over selling and in weeks time you be here asking for hosting again.

I could perhaps probably be able to beat the price if you lowered your terms a little, but I am not sure if anyone can actually offer you 50 GB of space, for just 30 USD.

I might be able to squeeze you in a little if you can fit for 40 GB space, by moving my clients to another server.

If you're really serious, I can try to think of something that will be a win-win situation for both of us.

-------
Directed to the on-going chat here:
It is possible to fit him in if you have upgraded your server to a 200 GB hard disk drive. He is asking for a mere 150 GB bandwidth if you compare it with 1200 GB. It is possible to use 150 GB of hard disk for 1050 GB of bandwidth, if you are smart.

Back