• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

cafepress.com merchandise

wct

does anyone have experience with this site?

how reliable and is it worth setting up a store kind of thing with them?

thanks!

yeah I used CafePress for a while.
I never managed to sell anything through them. I even felt it unfair to put a markup on any items.

Sadly their products start off at a vastly inflated price and will become even more inflated once you've added your markup.

Still it's a very good way to sell things online. Unluckily the page that you are given is not really that customizable in design so your gonna have to stick with what cafe press give you. Having said that you can add your own logo etc...

CafePress is kinda different though.

They even make all the stuff. You can make tshirts etc... just upload an image file for the front and back and they will handle everything.

They will manufacture the shirts and handle the orders then send you a cheque.

Yes thats true, but if you sell a few or less items a month, you can buy your own t-shirt decal or what ever it is. It depends on how much traffic and what type of website you have.

I've been using CafePress.com for about a year now. You can be assured that they do pay on time, every month.

The main problem with them is, as was mentioned, is their prices are utterly ridiculous. And I mean completely beyond a joke.

Their prices are so high it's not funny. So you can't put too much markup on for your own profit, or else your prices will be just too high.

Although if you do sell more than 20 items per month, they drop their price by $2 per item.

I just think they are greedy bastards. They charge $15-$20 to ship to anywhere outside the US... that is just pathetic.

But other than that, if you've got some good designs for clothes... on a topic where the people will want to wear that sort of thing... you can make some good money! :cool:

I think they are a nice resource, but I've purchased one of their t-shirts and the quality left a lot to be desired.

I don't mind spending $20.00 for a cool t-shirt but I expect it to last more than one washing. :rolleyes:

Cafepress largely has little competition in what they do.
I am sure there is demand for custom calendars, custom posters, videotapes, CD's, and DVD's that can be created and shipped according to publishers creative on demand with publishers getting a percentage. Does anyone know of such companies other than drop shippment companies that basically just warehouse your goods for shipment with high setup fees. It would be nice to have an easy solution for selling themed website merchandise without having to become a shipper, order taker, and the rest.

Back