• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

CAD Dollar stronger then ever in 30 years

finding a 2 dollar Canadian Bill might actually be worth more than 2 dollars right now. It's been more than a decade since the Canadian 2 was a bill. It's been a coin since i believe 1996.

The weaker US dollar is certainly part of the whole thing, but the Canadian dollar is strong. It's had the best performance of any of the currencies in the G-10 this year. So it's a little bit of both.

The bill is from 1986. According to wikipedia, it's part of the 'birds of canada series'. It's the one featuring the American Robin.

I remember using those... haha, a lot of people hated having to stop using them and go to coins only. I don't know, it's been a long time since I've used them as money, so I don't care too much anymore.

I don't get what it is with you foreign countries and bills. Our lowest bill is the equivalent of $10.

I forgot how a 2$ bill even looked like.

Like this.

bill%20001.jpg

bill%20002.jpg

American currency is an absolute joke! When I first saw it I laughed and said "you're kidding, right?" I've seen monopoly money better made than it... in fact, I haven't seen monopoly money worse than it.

Best currency is the Swedish one, almost impossible to counterfiet.

Our pound is really nice though :D
430191114_eca8c1c7d9.jpg

Haha it is kinda similar. More ugly though :p

Never seen one before, just heard it's the hardest to counterfiet.

Wheras US$ you can basically just photocopy it :p.

Haha it is kinda similar. More ugly though :p

Never seen one before, just heard it's the hardest to counterfiet.

Wheras US$ you can basically just photocopy it :p.

Yeah, our monochromatic currency has a colorful history of counterfeiting.

I like the pound design a lot - US is terrible but its been that way for a long time now , and i dont sse it changing.

[straying offtopic] Methinks EUR will be the next international standard - especially if the US $ keeps this up. :ninja:

Our Economy is in a real mess right now. Loan companies have really screwed a lot of people over in the US. Many are losing their homes because they are unable to make their house payments due to crappy adjustable rate mortgages. All of this is starting to spill over into other industries that rely on the housing market to keep the ball rolling. Its effecting people's jobs and the way everyone spends money. Its all over the news here. In some states as many as 6000 home owners are receiving foreclosure notices every month. All of this thanks to money hungry companies that don't care.

Back