• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

C-Panel X: Disk usage stats are way off, how is this possible?

gemini181

Hi,

-Very new account
-One program uploaded
-No chance I'm using more than 20mb of disk space
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Disk usage 60.56 Megabytes
^^^^^^^^^^^^
This makes no sense. I'm 100% sure the facts presented are true. Also, I can't 'blame the host' because I've notice this before in C-panel (with a '2-1' margin of error, but not '3-1').

I'm using the same account for several domains, so even moderate uploads will eat space way to fast. How can the disk usage stats be so far off? (the summary on the left side in C-panel, and in WHM panel). The 'disk usage icon' does give accurate numbers, but the stats 'reported to my host' are 3 times higher.

When the account was brand new the usage only read around 0.50mb. Can someone with enough experience, please explain?

Thank you very much.

What about email attatchments and other things like that? config files and others files in the root directory would properly add to your Usage.

Marki said:
What about email attatchments and other things like that? config files and others files in the root directory would properly add to your Usage.

Thanks, but I had the account for less than 2 days. One single (less than 20meg) file made the stats jump from 0.50 to over 60mb. I'm just looking for ideas before talking to the host.

Back