• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

C: Drive and D: Drive

Fear_It

I have an 1000GB hard drive that has been split into to partitions: C:
and D:. C: has about 150GB and D: has about 840GB. And want to know if its possible to add more space from the D drive to the C drive? Otherwise all that space will sorta be wasted :/

I aint the best at computers but i heard that a few friends have done it but wont tell me lol

Using Windows Vista x64 bit if that helps any :D

You can, by using partition apps, but it's not always possible that it will work. You could damage the current partition tables and end up deleting/corrupted the files that you have on the disk.

Try things like Norton Partition Magic, GParted etc.

You can, by using partition apps, but it's not always possible that it will work. You could damage the current partition tables and end up deleting/corrupted the files that you have on the disk.

Try things like Norton Partition Magic, GParted etc.
Oh, ok well i'll give GParted ago.

Edit: Seems Vista comes with its own partition manager.. But it doesn't allow me to extend, Only to strink.

Last edited:
There is a freeware too for the same purpose. It's called Ranish partition manager. But if you need an easy way, better to go with Norton's Partion Magic.

Back