• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Bye bye free hosting!

cycle

Well.. I finally gathered enough funds (give me a break, I'm not even 18 yet! It took a while..) to get a domain name and stuff.. (I hope I don't jinx myself, my dad's supposed to write the check tomorrow but you can't ever be 100% certain.. I already registered and everything though so I'm almost there!) so here's some of my "wisdom" (jk). I realize that a lot of this was posted before but hey.. all that experience with free hosting and it's hard to just let go, you know? (not..) Well.. here are the hosts I personally would recommend..

liquid2k they're pretty reliable and they have no ads(that's the best part..) they don't have many other features, but if you're going for free hosting, chances are, you're using all those remotely hosted scripts. If your knowledge in html is that good then you might as well get your own domain and hosting and show it.. don't hide it under some banners!!

surfsites surfsites is similar to liquid2k, it's faster, but they also don't have FTP or ads. They're pretty good. Browser uploading can get annoying though..
my site is with them.. for now..

4gigs 4gigs is good, my site was hosted with them before they had the server upgrade thing and deleted all the accounts (I had all my info saved... so it wasn't that bad), I guess they warned us before but I probably deleted the email. I signed up for them to reactivate my account but never got a response.. that's the bad part.. you have to a while because it's not automated, that's very annoying.. otherwise, I'd definitely go with them, they have no ads and have more features than other sites and FTP!

I don't think there are any other services that I liked that are still alive.. spacetowns wasn't bad.. until they deleted my account.. and well.. they don't work anymore anyway. (I just realized I use too many of the double/triple dots thingies.. whatever they're called, is that annoying?)

If you have a personal site and your html/design skills are decent, you can get someone with a personal domain to host you, that's probably the best way to go about it. Chances are, you'll get a CGI-BIN, FTP, maybe 10 mb of space or so and no ads. You can search for them at google.com or something. The best way to do this is to search for domain cliques, the reason is that most of those domain sites belong to cliques so when you type that in to the search box, they all come up in the search and then you can go to the site and click on domain or hosting. Or... you can go to ringsurf.com and there is a ring called i love my domain or something along those lines, they have about 1000 personal domains listed. Just remember, if you're gonna do that, don't annoy them.. if in the hosting/domain section they tell you that they don't want any hostees, they don't ask them. Sometimes, they may contact you if they come across your site and like it.

I think I'm done for now lol, now don't tell me that you've heard this many times before and it wasn't helpful blah blah blah!! Grr... I don't care! (Jk..)

Oh yea.. if you can spare <$30-40 a year, you can get yourself a domain and some decent hosting, so just do that!!

I'm being such a hypocrite lol.. I think I've spent about 2 years searching for free domains and free hosting, always trying to get the best deal.. I never did get that "best" deal, too bad it took me two years to find out.. people just don't listen ! Lol......

i need sleep

(I just realized I use too many of the double/triple dots thingies.. whatever they're called, is that annoying?)
That's an ellipsis.

So you got 40 bucks and all of a sudden you decide to 'kick' knowledge about FWP?

That's an ellipsis.

thank you.

So you got 40 bucks and all of a sudden you decide to 'kick' knowledge about FWP?

I didn't decide to 'kick' knowledge, I'm simply stating facts about my experience with it. The 40 bucks has nothing to do with it, if you haven't noticed, my post wasn't completely serious so don't judge me, I wrote what I wrote based on what I know and believe. Anyway, why does it matter to you? I posted this because I was really happy about getting a domain, why put it down?

thats ture, I have only been here a little but I am seeing alot of put down comments, if you got nothing nice to say then don't say it. ;)

Back