• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

buying domain at 1and1.com.. are they really reliable and cheap compared to godaddy?

eadwired

Im planning to buy .org domain at goddy at first but when i googled for cheap domains, 1and1.com and namecheap.com came but it seems that 1and1.com stands out to be the cheapest. I read their FAQ it seems to be fair, its quite cheap, with Private Domain Registration and its realistic to have 200 mail forwarders in which i think is not really that usable.

I am asking your opinion about the reability of these company since I am planning to get a 5year++ registration of my domain. And if it is the cheapest I can get.

Well they had their tough competition campaign against go daddy.
http://order.1and1.com/xml/order/po...0F3D868676BC93.TC60b?__frame=_top&__lf=Static

Namecheap would by far be better, private WHOIS is great. I've never tried Godaddy or 1and1, but i've used Namecheap, and it's great.

ahh okay. I wonder why you said that.. now im too confused.. i need concrete reasons and advise not just by saying lame.

do a search on this forum and webhostingtalk.com for '1and1' there are literally hundreds of threads mentioning them including my full story

summary:
2 days support response times
incompetent techs
nightmare cancellation policy

Thumbs up for namecheap!

Most reliable, cheapest (fair price) and most stable domain provider. I've been using them for a very long time now, I'd go with em'.

Never been with GoDaddy, but I've heard very bad things about 1and1.

hmm okay.. i read posts that tells me they suck in hosting.. still searching for posts that would justify their domain registrar service just for the benefit of the doubt..

got a second option now which is dynadot.com .. but im willing to gamble 1and1 what are they really blabbing. It is sometimes that bad luck is really with you if you bought something.. I did some research and this 5.95 has no catch attached, uhmm there is one though cancellation of domain needs you to fax... ouch..

Domainsite.com also accepts unverified PayPal. They have awesome support and still no problems whatsoever (at least for me)

I have known namecheap for years now.

It's so far the cheapest and most reliable.

It has free whois gaurd + free name servers!

Thanks people.. I guess namecheap would be the best option now.. any new coupons that came out? I think namecheap + coupons is the best offer I can get..

Thanks people.. I guess namecheap would be the best option now.. any new coupons that came out? I think namecheap + coupons is the best offer I can get..

Type in "MORE4LESS", it gives you the domains for $7.99.

I used to have a 1&1 domain, it wasn't that bad, it was average. But I prefer namecheap because they accept paypal + easier to navigate + free nameservers + free whoisgaurd.

Last edited:
Back