• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Buy a new domain and extend my old domain

Faithless

Hi
I’m gonna buy/register a new domain and extend my old domain

Plz recommend me a good company

Someone recommended me namecheap.com and dynadot.com
What do you think?

Ps. Does it cost me less if I register/extend a domain for 5 years?
For example 6$ for one year and 25$ for 5 years (5$ off)
Is it a good idea?

dynadot.com is very nice. I have a few domains with them. They have a nice website.

I also have many domains with namealerts.com .. they have a very nice website as well and have been around for a while and proved very reliable.

I

I’m wondering why they don’t cost me less if I register/renew a domain for 5 years
About almost everything you should pay less when you buy a lot

Namecheap is good and the website is fairly easy to use. I have domains at several places and they are the one I prefer.

I agree with accentnepal, NameCheap is great, I've registered a few domains with them as well as registered a few for friends and customers.

I've registered a total of 4 domains at namecheap, some other domains else where but Namecheap had to be my favorite at of all of them. I'm not sure if they have that 5yr. discount though.

No, it means that the price for each year is 8.88 even if you pre-register for 10 years. It's pretty pethatic to offer registeration for cheaper for longer period of time, considering that the company would basically make less, considering ICANN charges the same all around and IP cost the same all around and DNS management still costs the same all round.

Faithless said:
So what does this mean?

The more years you register the domain, the more you have to pay for; right? So bassically they're discounting a litte off the normal price of a 1 year domain but you can only get a discount if you registered for more than one year. :)

you can only get a discount if you registered for more than one year.
I wanna register for 5 years
How much discount can I get?

It says 8.88$ for 5yrs and it’s probably for each year. Where is the discount?

Faithless said:
So what does this mean?
Originally Posted by namecheap.com
If you register a domain for more than one year, you may be able to get an even lower price!

They don't say you will, it's a advertising and market trick to get you paying more buy purchasing more years on the domain. They can't be sued because it says "may". If you want discounts, try looking for coupons

BESTVALUE is the best one out there. For namecheap. 7.99$ for the domain per-yr.

ipower.com (I believe that is the name of it) has domains for $2.95 a year and Netfirms.com (the company I deal with) has them for $4.95 a year.

Faithless said:
But I didn’t find lower price in any of their TLD names

It doesn't matter, 99.99% chance you'll never get that lower price unless it's a promotion.

Back