• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Burning board looks awesome!

LastActionHero

WBBMods.com
NLC
I just had a look at burning board for the first time (http://www.woltlab.de/en/news.php) and it simply looks great. I was a diehard iB fan until I saw burning board!

Anybody knows about any serious bugs and limitations in burning board? It's still in Version 1 but it looks cool. You opinions?

it's nearly the same with vbulletin(as options)
but it's a bit slower (or because of f2s' serverz)

i installed it when its english version was announced

if you have no money go n install it :D

Originally posted by Akalon
It's a total copy of vBulletin...
It looks the same, but it's different function wise.
But Woltlab stopped the developement of WBB and started wBulletin, I wonder where he got the name from...:rolleyes:

From what I have read at the vB forums OpenBB is a complete rip off vB. They haven't even changed the codes. see this thread.

Whereas according to the vB forums Burning board doesn't have code that resembles vB, so it is a original product as far as the code is concerned.

I've heard it the other way around, that Burning Board is using vB code and that oBB just looks like it.

Anyway, that thread from the vB site is all wrong, those screenshots were taken of oBB with a vB theme which has know been deleted anyway. I'm pretty sure to coding is different though I am unsure, but I think if it was a rip off vB, vBulletin would have already taken them down.

I think you may be wrong about the other way around. They did say that they would take action against Openbb. I don't know what happened. Anyways, I think I'll ask my friend who frequents vB forum often.

Could anybody that has Burning Board tell me what password encryption they use? I am planning on getting Burning and I want to allow my users to automatically be signed up for the forum when they join the members section of my site, hence I need the same encryption technique.

ok i installed burning boards they seem pretty good but slow for some reason i think its the host im not totally sure, and some of the messages aren't translated but im sure they'll fix that in the next version if you wanna take a look http://demise.iwebland.com/wb

Back