• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Burning a .avi file to vcd?

ben-mr

Hi.

Basicly, i have a avi file that is about 650 mb big, that i need to put on a vcd.
Before, i only had .mpg files that i put on vcd's, which was fine because that was all that magic iso would lemme lode.
But, when i convert this to a .mpg file using xilosoft video converter, iit comes out at 1.4 gb, which clearly won't fit on 1 cd.
How can i fit this avi file onto 1 vcd?
Thanks,

BEN-MR

Hmmm, that didn't work.
It sat there incoding it for hours and then told me that it came out at 1.28 gb, better than xilosoft yeah, but still not 700 mb or under.
(annoyed).
But thanks anyway.

BEN-MR

Hmmm i had that prob i know what your talking about you need avi to .vob convertor/burner i use: VSO ConvertXtoDvd it takes some time but dose what you want you can search for others but they all take time to do it aswell it takes me around 1 - 2 hours to get it converted and burned on dvd. im using windows media edition with 512 ram so i dont know about you but hope this helps.

I was just going to ask if it could burn to vcd/cd's instead; and i have 768 mb of ram in this computer so that shouldn't be a problem.
Thanks,

BEN-MR

You have avi file about 650MB and if you watch the movie with avi format, it has about 2 hours duration.

You cant do this on VCD even you reduce quality to fit to 1 cd, you can do this if you burn it with DVD.

Other way, you may split your avi/mpg file. Then burn it to vcd. It may required 2 or more CD depending how you split your files.

I think not. As far as I know (now) you can fit a 700 mb MPG in a VCD, but not a 700 mb AVI. You could try this encoder anyway: TMPGEnc Enconder

nope you are all wrong, it's perfectly possible, and have done it lots, not so much with dvd rips, but with home vhs movies....

Search KVCD on the internet, download some templages for the program in the last post....you'll get there in the end, you may have to encode it a few times, believe me there is every chance that it will in fact fit on that little tiny cd, however, it'll look ----ty on a big telly......

Back