• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Bugatti Veyron

Yellowmc

I love you!
NLC
I was just looking at this amazing car and I just wondered whether this was as far as possible, can anyone produce a car better than this within the next decade or so?

05-veyron-close-s-a.jpg

I am always amazed when I see this car at automotive conventions but I just cannot see anyone producing anything better, the company who sells these cars actually makes a loss of £4 million per car sold. It has a proven top speed of over 400km/h and boasts over 1000hp making it the most powerful aswell as the fastest road car ever, do you see anything that could challenge it?

yeah, i read on it about 3 or 4 months ago. fastest production car mad, and cost like $1.2 million. but tell me, how does Bugatti loose £4 million per car sold?

i cant see how it wold cost that much to make it. why would they take a loss? that would mekt them go out of business. that would just be stupid.

Well, they are producing a limited number of these cars and Bugatti is owned by VW who are one of the richest car manufacturers in the world. As I said it was more of a showpeice than anything else but I can easily see why the car costs so much to produce, I mean look at it's engine:

"quad-turbocharged and intercooled DOHC 64-valve W-16, aluminum block and heads, direct fuel injection"

Also just to show you how fas this car is : "In a speed race, the McLaren F1, could reach 120mph, while the Bugatti is at 0mph, but the Bugatti will still reach 200mph before the Mclaren"

The car has to be actually electronically limited to prevent tyre damage, it can do pretty amazing speeds!

methodcomptech said:
i cant see how it wold cost that much to make it. why would they take a loss? that would mekt them go out of business. that would just be stupid.

They take the loss because no one would actually buy the car, and they make it because they can. It's a publicity stunt. To say they have the fastest production car ever.

methodcomptech said:

It improves their name, to have the fastest car ever made by them. It was more of a challenge, to see if it could be done, than a product to make money off. The PS3 is going to be at a loss also, by a couple of hundred dollars I believe. But the difference with that is that in a year or two's time the parts will be cheaper, pushing Sony into profit mode.

That reminds me of a joke, but it's not very good.

A man started a business. He bought cans of coke at £1 each, and sold them for 50p each. How did he become a millionare?

He started off as a billionare :lol:

Yellowmc said:
do you see anything that could challenge it?
The Koenigsegg. Although it took 7 years for the McLaren F1's record to be beaten (the record wasn't set until 1998) by the Koenigsegg CCR, there were at that time no real cars competing for the record. Nowadays, there are two: the Koenigsegg and the Buggati.

The Bugatti is sold at a huge loss, the Koenigsegg sold at a profit.

Also note the latest Koenigsegg (the CCX) has a higher theoretical top speed than the previous ones, yet hasn't been tested for top speed yet.

The Koenigsegg CCX has one fatal flaw, it has no spoiler and in a recent review on a british program called Top Gear it failed to beat the lap time of a Pagani Zonda because it could not be controlled under high speeds.

Yellowmc said:
The Koenigsegg CCX has one fatal flaw, it has no spoiler and in a recent review on a british program called Top Gear it failed to beat the lap time of a Pagani Zonda because it could not be controlled under high speeds.
… and also crashed :D

But when it comes to straight line speed, you want as little drag as possible, and spoilers just increase drag…

link92 said:
But when it comes to straight line speed, you want as little drag as possible, and spoilers just increase drag…

While increasing rear downforce thus more traction to the rear wheels which means faster launch.

link92 said:
… and also crashed :D

Very true but around a track you can actually throw a Veyron into the corners and feel comfortable that it will actually stick to the road, you don't have that same confidence with a Koenigsegg. I say this because I have seen a Veyron go around a track and it is not just fast but it is very good around corners too!

Wojtek said:
I'd buy this:

over the veyron :)

That's a beuty, but there's only 250 of them or something?

Was the fastest road car for well over 15 years until the Bugatti came along with the Veyron.

T.M. said:
That's a beuty, but there's only 250 of them or something?

Was the fastest road car for well over 15 years until the Bugatti came along with the Veyron.
That's the LM model, of which there are only 5. Of the whole McLaren F1 line, there were 100.

It wasn't the fastest car in the world for 15 years, as they only got the record in 1993 (with a McLaren F1), and it was beaten by the Koenigsegg CCR in 2005.

Last edited:
link92 said:
It wasn't the fastest car in the world for 15 years, as they only got the record in 1993 (with a McLaren F1), and it was beaten by the Koenigsegg CCR in 2005.

12 years. :rolleyes:

I dont know about the fastest car ever made
but in record, this car takes the most gas per mile.
if i remembered correctly, it takes approx 2 gallons of gas per mile LOL

Back