• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Bryansoft Webhosting gone..

Subhash

Bryansoft.com, free webhosting providing 2GB space. However, it is now gone, they had many members from here (FWS). They say that their system has been hacked so they are closing the free webhosting forever. They started few weeks before and now they are closing.

This is what shown when you visit their site bryansoft.com
THE END OF BRYANSOFT FREE WEBHOSTING

Well today somebody hacked into my cpanel and deleted most of the free accounts and the forums(including the database). My server host has contacted that hacker's isp and hopefully legal action will be taken. I don't know what to really do at this point I mean I was only trying to help people by giving them free web hosting, and yet some of them still took advantage of my free service by uploading illegal mp3s, illegal scripts and now this. So I guess thats it, the end of my free service, theres no point for me to continue running it anymore, I am sorry to everyone who had an account on my server, and to Zodiwire since you were the only one who donated I will gladly give you back your account with double the web space. So what is going to happen to bryansoft.com? well like I said my free hosting service is gone but not my paid plans, I am going to start selling paid plans at a very low cost. So for a couple of days expect this page to stay up until I'm finished increasing my security and reformatting my pc. Since I backed up my database last night maybe in the future I will reopen it and give the loyal member's their accounts back. Well I guess that is all I have to say for now, if you are wondering why bryansoft.info is off line its because the server has been upgraded with a much faster, It should be back online soon.

If this is true that they are closing because of hacking, then it is really a sad story, lots of webhosts are closing because of hacking.

Bryansoft.com, free webhosting providing 2GB space. However, it is now gone,

These free hosts that shutsdown or got hacked has one thing in common... I will let you all figure it out.. Its obvious.. I hope this will become a warning to those who are new in providing free hosting or those who plan to start providing free hosting..

Zac

Yes, I understand what you are indicating. But still many free webhosts are providing such features and still they are running well. I think the basic problem with them is that they need to have a strong business plans before they start.

Well we can never be too sure of what's the reason of their closure... they could be lying when they actually closed due to fundings but I hope not. ;)

Anyway, I wish them all the best. Hope they can get back soon.

Didn't they have backups of the accounts?...Just the kind of people you want to host your website.

Didn't they have backups of the accounts?...Just the kind of people you want to host your website.

That isn't true. It's free hosting, and it's your own responsibility to backup your own data. You don't pay, why should we offer anything more than free service?

I'm getting completely sick and tired of people acting like I, as a free host, owe you something.

- Lucas

Yes, I understand what you are indicating. But still many free webhosts are providing such features and still they are running well. I think the basic problem with them is that they need to have a strong business plans before they start.

This is a response that clearly was not thought out. Nor do I feel you understand what ZoomCities is trying to say. The problem with free hosts, or these new ones coming about, is that the offers are absurd. Clearly the free hosts offering 2 gigabytes of storage do not have these means, and I would bet my lucky 2 cents that they are simply overselling. Hosts like HostGator oversell left and right but the difference between free hosting and paid hosting is that HostGator can afford to do this because they are being paid for this service. When Free hosts offer out these absurd allocations it is almost for sure that the free host can Not come through on their offer.

My 2 cents mean nothing obviously, but this is a serious issue and I hate to say it but I am somewhat glad to see hosts disappear. That way people find quality free hosts and stop clouding there heads with the ideas that they will get 2GB of reliable space. Business plans are just that, plans. What 'BRYANSOFT' needed was stability, server management, and the extra precautions that when you open up your server to the world -for free- bad stuff can happen.

I am tired of people e-mailing and demanding hosting. I am tired of people with absurd requests. Maybe that is why ZoomCities and I have hung in there for so long - because we don't give in to the absurdities that are slowly destroying free hosting.

@ephekt: Yes, I understood what Zac was trying to say, probably you didn't understand what I say and still I would say the same thing, proper business plan is the main key for a good host. If they have the proper business plan then their offers will not be absurd. Still I can point you there are some good hosts who provide more than 1GB of space and still they are running because they have proper plans and have control over their clients.

ZoomCities is an exceptional host, they may be a free host but their quality of service is better then paid ones. WebSpace is not the prime factor to say 'aburd' offers. You might know that recently ZoomCities is offering 30 x 1Gb accounts, so hope you won't say that is absurd. :)

As much I know Synced.org place forced ads, so it is quite expected that an ad supported host will be more reliable and so Synced is since 2002, this is also a part of good business planning.
It is hard to run a ad-free hosting which Bryansoft was, they need more precise planning, from that point ZoomCities is successful.

I'd never really understood how ZoomCities stays open, with nothing in return from their users. No ads or posting, nothing! I talked to Zac, who stated it was sponsored, but as far as I know they have 4+ VPS accounts, and a few others.

- Lucas

The fact is most free hosts are nice people providing generous hosting but unfortunately in general, they do not know the ins and outs of securing their hosting.

As for hacking, hackers enjoy bringing sites down.

I'd never really understood how ZoomCities stays open, with nothing in return from their users. No ads or posting, nothing! I talked to Zac, who stated it was sponsored, but as far as I know they have 4+ VPS accounts, and a few others.

- Lucas

ZoomCities is paid for, which this is taken from the site, by a nice Australian IT professional who feels it is worth the $ each month to provide good hosting. Due to this, ZoomCities has built a quality content driven and thriving community simply because users are not forced to do anything. Thus, any comments contributed on the forum are heart felt or done by the users own will. --At least this was what I took away from reading the site and getting to know ZoomCities through these forums.

We, at Synced, require an ad but do not force placement. This is a reason I feel we have had the success we have had, because we do not destroy peoples web sites or the visual presentations of the sites in order to earn money, rather we require an ad placed on each page but the user decides where it looks best.

Everyone has plans, but in reality I feel only some hosts will be able to withstand the wandering hackers, exploiters, and abusers. Especially if the hosts own their own servers and are not reselling/managed vps'ing off another companies already managed servers.

I wish good luck to all who want to do free hosting. I just want to see less hosts giving in to some of these requests that are blatantly unfair requests for free. :) That is all.

I am tired of people e-mailing and demanding hosting. I am tired of people with absurd requests. Maybe that is why ZoomCities and I have hung in there for so long - because we don't give in to the absurdities that are slowly destroying free hosting.

Good to see you in the same boat with us :beer: and I agree with all that you've said. Lets keep standing with our principle.

ZoomCities is an exceptional host, they may be a free host but their quality of service is better then paid ones. WebSpace is not the prime factor to say 'aburd' offers. You might know that recently ZoomCities is offering 30 x 1Gb accounts, so hope you won't say that is absurd. :)

Our 1GB Free Hosting was carefully planned and we have enough server power to handle it we also have a dedicated 24/7 ticket based support for it. Therefor its no trouble for ZoomCities and it's selected 1GB Hosted Members.

- Lucas

We have some sponsors and the rest comes out from my own pocket. Although in almost 3 years that ZoomCities is online we have now a dedicated fund for it. If the funds get short incase(has not happened), I am always here ready to back it up. We don't force our members to post nor ask them to put a force banner or ads on their site. But majority of them do because they love the hosting we provide to them and they remain active in the community as well. We're just all enjoying it, thats the key. Make your members happy and you will be happy :)

I just hope that all Free Hosting becomes realistic with their offer and they should carefully plan first their strategy before they start offering free hosting (pros and cons, disaster recovery etc.), so that they wont ruin the credibility of free hosting and the hopes of the people searching for one or using one. ephekt agrees with me on this one :)

Zac

In my opinion this is certainly over selling, 400gb is totally absurd.

Probably now I understand why bryansoft free hosting closed. Now I think the story of hacking of bryansoft is totally fake, probably nothing happened to them. They closed the free offer as they planned to shift over paid hosting.
Nowadays fake stories of hacking to close down a host is getting popular, as no one is going to ask hackers whether they hacked or not. :)

I know this thread is outdated but I didn't know there was a whole discussion about bryansoft.com being down lol, anyways my name is Bryan Gonzalez and I am the owner of bryansoft.com as many of you already know, anyways the truth about why bryansoft.com went down is because of the host I was using, the almighty calhosting. Calhosting was probably the worst host that I have ever seen in my life I mean they're uptime was horrible, anyways what happened is that I was running free hosting on they're server which I didn't know that it wasn't allowed until they updated they're site after bryansoft was down, so what they did when bryansoft was running is that they deleted my forum,database, and the user's account, they did that simply because they didn't like that I was running free hosting, thats what really bugged me because when I told they're customer support they made me believe it was hackers who got a hold of my whm account and deleted everything, so I was scared and panic which you shouldn't be surprised because its not everyday a hacker gets a hold of your main account, so after I got the fake message from calhosting I felt depressed and felt like there was no need to run bryansoft.com anymore I mean I had like no point to run it, I believed that I got hacked and that I let down everyone I promised that I would never go down like that, a few weeks after bryansoft.com went down so did calhosting, apperantly they're server got a big hard drive error and all files were gone, then a few days after I got in contact with one of the ex employees for calhosting he told me the straight up truth, calhosting themselves deleted my files, I couldn't believe it, my very own host betrayed me, so after all that I just spent my time freelancing until I found an incredible host named Iwhic, After reading this thread and seeing how much bryansoft meant to everyone I have made a deal with Iwhic to re run bryansoft.com, yep bryansoft is coming back :D, like I said sorry if my post is outdated its just that I wanted to clear things up and get a chance to inform people that bryansoft.com will be coming back, I don't look at what happened to me as a bad thing I look at is as a reminder to be carefully and more secure, I hope I cleared everything up

I know this thread is outdated but I didn't know there was a whole discussion about bryansoft.com being down lol, anyways my name is Bryan Gonzalez and I am the owner of bryansoft.com as many of you already know, anyways the truth about why bryansoft.com went down is because of the host I was using, the almighty calhosting. Calhosting was probably the worst host that I have ever seen in my life I mean they're uptime was horrible, anyways what happened is that I was running free hosting on they're server which I didn't know that it wasn't allowed until they updated they're site after bryansoft was down, so what they did when bryansoft was running is that they deleted my forum,database, and the user's account, they did that simply because they didn't like that I was running free hosting, thats what really bugged me because when I told they're customer support they made me believe it was hackers who got a hold of my whm account and deleted everything, so I was scared and panic which you shouldn't be surprised because its not everyday a hacker gets a hold of your main account, so after I got the fake message from calhosting I felt depressed and felt like there was no need to run bryansoft.com anymore I mean I had like no point to run it, I believed that I got hacked and that I let down everyone I promised that I would never go down like that, a few weeks after bryansoft.com went down so did calhosting, apperantly they're server got a big hard drive error and all files were gone, then a few days after I got in contact with one of the ex employees for calhosting he told me the straight up truth, calhosting themselves deleted my files, I couldn't believe it, my very own host betrayed me, so after all that I just spent my time freelancing until I found an incredible host named Iwhic, After reading this thread and seeing how much bryansoft meant to everyone I have made a deal with Iwhic to re run bryansoft.com, yep bryansoft is coming back :D, like I said sorry if my post is outdated its just that I wanted to clear things up and get a chance to inform people that bryansoft.com will be coming back, I don't look at what happened to me as a bad thing I look at is as a reminder to be carefully and more secure, I hope I cleared everything up

Good Luck this time round! We have had similar problems like yours in the past some Larger hosting companies do not like you running free services such as hosting, especially using a managed server! Hey but what do we pay them for?

Sorry to hear that, I hope you get better experinces in the future.

Back