• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Brainsssssssss......

anhedonia

I'm on a boat
NLC
Now this is cool.

I play WoW, and there's currently a world event happening on all the servers. It's a zombie invasion!

I logged on last night, and in the main neutral city (Shattrah City) were clouds of "plague" and zombies attacking guards and other NPCs.

I stood in a plague cloud and received a debuff - basically with a warning telling me to find a way to cleanse myself within 10 minutes or become infected! I let myself get infected, and became a zombie with unique zombie moves/attacks.

We ran down to Orgimmar (major Horde city) and attempted to zombify the city leader, Thrall, but the level 80 elite guards handed our asses to us (we're level 70 which is the capped level for players until expansion hits next month).

There are clues everywhere that this is just the beginning of the plague invasion. I haven't logged on yet today (I'm at work) but player reports on the forums are stating there's now "conspicuous crates" in a neutral town called Booty Bay, which when checked give you the plague. There are now plagued cockroaches running around the cities...

This is just so awesome and fun. We're planning to form a zombie raid tonight and try and infect as many towns as possible - you can basically infect NPCs like guards, flightmasters, auctioneers, quest givers - effectively locking down an entire town.

The gamemasters are hinting on the forums that this is just the beginning, and that the plague will NOT be so easily contained forever (eg at the moment, players of certain Classes can Cleanse the plague). People are reporting to already have seen the Plague developing a resistence to Cleanse. It originally was Cleansed quite easily, and now is taking *several* attempts.

I just think this is so cool, and since something like 10 million people play this game, it has the potential to be incredibly huge.

Stay tuned :D

Last edited:
Better than last year with the pumpkin & broomstick, if I rememebr correctly...

That's still going on.

We can still kill the Headless Horseman for the Hallow's End holiday. My friends and I have been summoning him every day, they've been using their alts to maximise our summons. We finally got what we were chasing last night - the reins to his flying horse - http://www.wowhead.com/?item=37012.

They passed on rolling for me so I finally have the pony I was chasing :). It's something like a 1% drop chance, so we got pretty lucky.

Yes. #1 on my hit list is Blank Verse, but he went offline before I could attack.

Say, Stuffradio, what's that on your neck? Let me have a closer look for you...

Ah, I haven't touched WoW lately, and haven't watched my bro playing it, so I wouldn't know. ;) (teehee, WoWhead.)

That is not true even one tiny little bit.

EQ2 is super solo/casual friendly. I only play a few hours a week.

Also, player/guild housing.

Seriously?

Hmm.

I may need to look at this EQ.
I actually dislike how casual friendly WoW is now. Seems it's too easy and so a ton of idiots have been attracted to it.

Player/guild housing would be cool, but it's not really something WoW 'needs'. Bigger bank space would suffice!

Mind you, a guild house would be pretty cool. But it seems they have enough trouble keeping the servers up implementing new stuff, doubt they could handle the load of housing too -.-

Next expansion come out in November and would be a good time to check it out. Includes all previous expansions (this is the 5th one) and all 3 adventure packs.

I play on unrest.

Next expansion come out in November and would be a good time to check it out. Includes all previous expansions (this is the 5th one) and all 3 adventure packs.

I play on unrest.

Cool, I might check it out actually. Although Wrath of the Lich King also comes out in early November so I'm going to be lost to that for a year probably :p.

If I remember correctly, Tigole and Kalgan both came from major EQ guilds and are now WoW devs.

Looks like Tigole definitely was: http://www.legacyofsteel.net/newspro/archives/arc27.html

Is the EQ2 community plagued with whinging children? (I want to rant here and call them all sorts of things from brats to other words I'm sure would get censored...) The WoW community is terrible, it's just awful. People will complain bitterly, for months, and for pages and pages of forum threads about things they feel is unfair, irrelevant of how minor the issue is. I'm just noticing it gets worse and worse...

A good example...

In the past couple of weeks, people (and not just a few, but dozens of people) have been demanding money refunds/playtime credited to their account because:

- Retribution Paladins are "overpowered"
- The latency and disconnection issues that came with the patch have disrupted their gameplay
- The Zombie invasion that this thread is about has hindered them levelling their low level alts. (As someone put it, I didn't know I was playing "World of Don't Disrupt Me Craft" as opposed to "World of WARcraft")

Other top whiners include things like "It's so unfair this new boss gives a rare two handed axe, I'm a rogue/mage/priest and there's no reward for me! I demand something!"

It is a fantastic game that is severely injured by its community. Trade channel is filled with more "Anal [Rupture] lololololol" (where [Rupture] is the name of a linkable skill...) than actual trade, or even chat.

Er. Sorry, I sort of rambled. :)

Oh man I am so glad I never even touched WoW.

EQ2 is played by adults it seems.

Never seen the Anal [item] posted, all whining is done at eq2flames.com, and is primarily tongue in cheek.

Back