• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Borderless Link!?

<|R0cKm@nX|>

When I want a borderless line link, I add ONFOCUS="filter:blur()" after the <a href="URL"
But when I want ALL the links on the page to have a borderless line link, what should I edit?
The <body...? Or the CSS?

:devious2: Hey, if you have to do that do you need to disable keyboard navigation totally? Please at least use onclick instead of onfocus.

To answer your question you need a snip of javascript in head and then you call it with onload in the body tag. I have one but I'm not gonna tell ya! :p

arrrggghhh :whatthe:
onclick don't seems to work...
u try
<a href="http://www.yahoo.com" ONFOCUS="filter:blur()">CLICK HERE</a>
And
<a href="http://www.yahoo.com" ONCLICK="filter:blur()">CLICK HERE</a>

onclick still has the border around the link when clicked while onfocus don't :rolleyes:
so do your little javascript in the head does that too? can I have it too pLeAsE? :eek: :p
or u juz tell me where u get it and i will go there myself to get it :D

Yes, it's there when you click but then it's gone. You see this if you use it with pop-ups or use the backbutton.

And no you can't have the script.:jump:

I never could stand tears. :rolleyes:
Code:
<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">
<!-- 
function NoDots()
{
for (a in document.links)
document.links[a].onfocus = document.links[a].blur;
}
if (document.all)
{
document.onmousedown = NoDots;
}
// -->
</script>
You don't need to call it, just put it in head. I don't think you'll see the border with onmousedown. No onfocus, you hear! :devious2:

Because he dosn't want to get rid of the underline, he wants to get rid of the dotted border. :rolleyes:

okay this will solve your problem i think... if you use a white background.. then it won't show... i think.. cuz on my site it doesn't...

okay... heres the code...

<span style="cursor:hand" onclick="javascript:enter();">text</span>

it took me a while to make the correct coding... cuz i don't know all these things off the top of my head... cuz... yeah.. the weed... its bad for you... but at the same time its also good for you...

:whatthe:
Ahem, are you totally luny or are you posting in the wrong thread? What problem? "cursor: hand"??? What are you talking about? :confused: :p
:jump:

thats a style... dangit... even i know more than you...

the 'cursor: hand;' is a style which allows you to customize the display of the cursor when it is placed over a certain area of which it is affected by the style...

it has plenty to do with this topic... ----en dumbass...

and the cursor style thingy... it will help serperate normal text from links... so that people wont mistaken my code to be a link as regular text...

Last edited:
OK. Anything that keeps you happy. I don't see how this would get rid of the dotted border in IE though.

May I ask what browser you use? In most (there may be some really old or odd one that behaves differently) the cursor automatically changes over a link. ;)

okay... it wont get rid of the border but it will get rid of the confusion of wuts a link and wuts not...but then my code... the span tag is not a link... my code is an onclick action, ... not a link so the cursor will not change when positioned over the link or replacement link... just watch... i'll make a web page to show you... after i get home from school...

browser: IE 6.0

okay i just made it... the example ...

Last edited:
Back