• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Border type....... umm thingys

Yeah, it's like that except instead of "pageid=#" it is "goto=name". I think it's the same thing. Do I need a code or variables set up first. I know nothing about PHP, so I am a little confused. :biggrin2:

Ok, I checked your site and uploaded the demo files to thenet, but the index.php page shows up as a non-existant page with a 404 error. I tried re-naming it, but got a PHP scriptng error that said it couldn't find the file. I even changed the values in the peach.php thing to the new name.:confused2

Try uploading the script as is, when u download it.
make sure all the txt files are in a folder called /pages/

It's all uploaded, same directories..... filenames..... everthing. I have no idea whats going wrong.

I own a subdomain called fastplugin.com/onlinedigimon , so instead of locating a file with a single name (index.php), should I add more to it (/onlinedigimon/index.php)?

Also, my FTP program that I use sometimes is known to add an extra file to some documents called WS_ftp.log. Was that supposed to be in the download or is it just the ftp program? (I did not use the ftp program to download it)

sorry bout the that log is prolly mine :\
you dont include index.php you include peachdex.php

My servers seem to not work well wit the code. Oh well. :D I found another code that works. Starngely, it only works on hostingextreme.

It's this code:
<?php
require($DOCUMENT_ROOT . "filename.html");
?>

It takes the html fron the filename and inserts it into each page with the code in it. So, you could have a file with the HTML for menu bars, and add it onto pages. All you have to do is update the one file, and all the HTML on the other pages change too.

Is there any way to use this code so that upon clicking a link or something, you can chjange the source filename?

Last edited:
So far, all I have is:

<?php
require($DOCUMENT_ROOT . "http://url/subdomian/filename.html");
?>

^This seems to work fine.^
------------------------------------------------------------------
I tried using values to switch the filename around with a code like:

<?php
require($DOCUMENT_ROOT . "http://url/subdomian/<?php echo $goto; ?>.html"); ?>
<?php $goto = ""; ?>

then putting a link like "http://url/subdomian/name.php?goto=main , but the value didn't change. Then, I put the value into the actual code, <?php $goto = "main"; ?> , but it still didn't work.

Click here to see come data collected about the server I'm using.

My main objective is to have the docutment_root code shown above to change value in what the HTML page it displays by clicking a hyperlink or something.

(example: I click main on the menubar, the document root changes to main.html and the middle of the page displays the HTML from that page while still keeping the template page's codes)

Last edited:
PHP:
if(!empty($HTTP_GET_VARS['action'])){
$action = $HTTP_GET_VARS['action'];
require($DOCUMENT_ROOT . $action . ".html"); 
}
else{
require($DOCUMENT_ROOT . "home.html"); 
}
goto.php?action=links
that will bring you to links.html
goto.php
will bring you to home.html

this is far from secure but it will work

Thanks sooooooo much man! :D

If you ever need something, just ask and I'll pay back. I am good at making HTML pages for free very quickly.

You mean like the title thing?

For some reason (maybe that PHP status page explains it) not all PHP codes work. It won't accept insert"pagemhtml", only root_directory"page.html".

Back