• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Books for Learning Perl and PHP

Nick

NLC
Ok, I've been writing down ideas for a certain script for over a year now and I have a major problem -- I don't know any programming languages!!! I really want to learn Perl and PHP/mySQL. I would just read the internet, but I am a multitasker and I end up getting distracted with IMs, message boards, etc and not focusing on it. I need an in-depth, strait to the point, with no 'fluff' book about Perl and a similar book only on PHP/mySQL. Also, if possible a book that isn't in the ...For Dummies line of books. I'm really not a fan of them.

Well it's somewhat similar to PHPNuke I guess in that it is a system for an entire website; however, I have a different set of features because it is for a certain type of website.

I also have a couple of other little things that I would just like to create for my website so it will be completely custom instead of using free scripts I find at HotScripts and ResourceIndex.

I am interested in this too. I am going to do a search on the net and see if I can find an easy to read in-depth tutorial that teaches more than the basics. If I find anything good I'll find it here. This is for php by the way.

Back