• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Bloody Annoying ICQ

jason120au

Whenever I connect to the Internet and I am on a dial up connection, bloody ICQ loads. This is starting to annoy the hell out of me, because I do not use the program and if I had my say, it wouldn't even be installed on my box. It is a bloated annoying piece of software. My rant finishes here. How am I able to stop ICQ from starting whenever the Internet is connected?

Q. How do I uninstall ICQ?

A. To uninstall ICQ, click Start -> Programs -> ICQ -> Uninstall ICQ. You can also click Start -> Settings -> Add/Remove Programs. Locate ICQ and choose Remove.

Hmm... can't you just uninstall it? LoL. :confused:

If you don't want to then:

ICQ > Main > Preferences > Connections > General Tab > Uncheck "Launch ICQ on startup"

or remove it from uncheck it from "MSCONFIG".

Originally posted by KBC
ICQ > Main > Preferences > Connections > General Tab > Uncheck "Launch ICQ on startup"
This is what you're looking for, jason120au ... :)

They usually give you the option of disabling things like this. MSN Messenger does. Just goto Preferences or Options (whatever it's called in MSN Messenger) and find it. It's there.

Originally posted by LeX
They usually give you the option of disabling things like this. MSN Messenger does. Just goto Preferences or Options (whatever it's called in MSN Messenger) and find it. It's there.
I meant, that MSN is getting to be just as much bloated as ICQ is.

Back