• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Blog

Wow... there are lots. www.livejournal.com and www.blogger.com have already been mentioned... Also check www.diaryland.com, www.blurty.com, www.xanga.com, and www.deadjournal.com.
It all depends on your interests... Diaryland allows you to customize the look of your journal for free, whereas most of the others are either for the most part unchangeable (Xanga) or require you to pay (Blurty). Xanga has a neat feature where you can rate posts as well as comment. Blogger does not allow for commenting or a "friends list". I've used all of the above, and prefer Blurty myself.

I'm sorry... I should clarify. Blurty IS free. But in order for you to make extreme layout changes to your Blurty, you have to pay. I think that every one I listed is indeed a free service.

Well... It depends. There are blogs that are like www.bookslut.com/blog, or Howard Dean's blog (or other such political blogs) that were keeping people involved/informed. Personal blogs... That's tricky. One could argue that they are a creative outlet, and that is a use. But one could also take your stance and argue that, Techrad.
Personally, I think that blogs can be great. When I started keeping an online journal, it only led to trouble. But I was only 12 when I started--I'm 15 now. As a 12-13 year old, most of my entries were angsty, childish, et cetera. Now I practice my writing techniques and keep my friends informed on all sorts of things going on in my life and in other places. I like to write about many things ranging from politics and current events to my own soul-searching... But my blog can also be an outlet for my anger or frustration, which I am very grateful for. I just switch the entry mode to "Private", and write down everything that is getting to me.
(Sorry for the long post here...)
So, in conclusion, I guess the usefulness of a blog depends on the writer's personality, what the writer intends to accomplish, and what the audience expects of the writer.

I'd agree with Writing... I've used blogs/online journals a few times in the past. They've allowed me to vent frustration at times, let me share thoughts and ideas. Sometimes, they've allowed me to get to sleep when I had too many ideas in my head and just needed a place to put them.

Livejournal's the only one of those I've tried, but it worked well for me I recall. Nowadays, I use a Fantastico-installed blog on a web host, though it's really more of a programmer's notes than a blog.

Blogs are among our features for free

First though, replying to Techrad, nothing is useless about writing down your thoughts. You may not want the world to see it (and vice versa) but there is value nonetheless... check back in 10 years and you'll either be embarassed and/or impressed with how far you had come since then.

Granted we don't specialize specifically to Blog hosting, but we do feature a Weblog (Blog) creator/administrator with available templates among our options when you host a site on our community: http://www.freewebtown.com

At least this is another possible option for you. Please forward back to us a link to your blog once you get it up and running.

I'd appreciate any feedback on how we can enhance/improve our blog designs. I'm working with the developers to suggest changes and improve our overall design/functionality of options so any feedback is sincerely appreciated.

Flames sent to /dev/null though...

Regards,
Mike_FWT
Extending the power of communities online

I myself, use lj coz of the current music and mood thing lol. HarveyNUFC, try searching yourself instead of just posting a request and expecting everyone to help you. No offense...

R4g1ng, the "Current Music" and "Current Mood" options are available on LiveJournal, DeadJournal, and Blurty, as well. (Blurty is actually based off of the LJ client.. I think DJ might be, too.)

Mike FWT, I'm looking at FreeWebTown.com and it looks awesome... :)

Back