• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Black list of hosts

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob.

I really think we should set up a black list of hosts, which we think are bad in some way and not following the agreement.
Like deleting accounts without any reason and so on...

Would some moderator take care of this? It would be great with a certain forum.

It would be much easier if we could exclude some free and paid hosts directly, instead of recommending bad ones...

Sincerely yours,
Rob.
Sweden

Heh, the mods have more important things to do.
And I wish you people would stop slandering all these hosts, cause I highly doubt any of you could do any better.

Originally posted by jmiller
And I wish you people would stop slandering all these hosts, cause I highly doubt any of you could do any better.

Sorry, I've just had very bad experiences with those host. Actually I could name a few more, but I'm happy now with my paid host! :)

I wish the hosts that I've named the best of luck, but I'll be happy to never have to deal with them again!

I agree that those hosts may not be the best.
But I don't use them anymore.
And instead of slandering those hosts, instead just don't use them.

agreed that mindless slander is pointless. but it would be good for newbies and such to know about hosts that have problems with extended, unexplained downtime or offer features they don't follow up on, or the mysql server is always down, etc. maybe throw it in the host faq.

it's a little misleading to say bad hosts don't follow the agreement, because the only agreement that binds a webhost to a user is the TOS, if they have one, and most free sites' TOS says that the host is perfectly within its rights to capriciously delete accounts.

you only get 20MB of bandwith a day then your site's shut down till midnight. so if you have loads of downloads you will exceed your limit in a few hours and uploading can exceed the limit

Mullin

Bad Hosts

1. xoasis.com
2. 0catch.com
3. gameroom.com
4. 9cy.com(php,halfftp,500mb->ftp,100mb,600mb month traffic, 20mb daily traffic)
5. (etc not ftp access and file size 10~500kb limit)

How's that old saying go?

You get what you pay for? Keep that in mind. If you want decent service, you have to pay for it. You can't just expect a free host to give you everything.

Originally posted by Blank Verse
How's that old saying go?

You get what you pay for? Keep that in mind. If you want decent service, you have to pay for it. You can't just expect a free host to give you everything.
This coming from blank verse... Tsk Tsk.

But this could include paid hosts also, but you aren't allowed to crosspost so I posted it here.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Heh, the mods have more important things to do.
-------------------------------------------------------------
So this isn't important? I think the most important thing with a webhost is that it follows its obligations, and offer a good service. If you consider it non-important I don't know what to do.

I really don't think this thread is going anywhere. What one person considers a great host, someone else might object to.

Sure there are a lot of fly by night *hosts* that pop up and disappear in a week or so, there are the racist hosts, then there are the quality hosts (losing quality admittedly because of extra ads etc) like tripod, geocities, angelfire, then there the few that hang around this forum that seem to have a stable hosting service that hasn't been tested long enough to really recommend them to anyone.

As blank verse said, you can't expect too much from free hosts. If you want quality and service, pay for it. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back