• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

**BEWARE** VPHost

C9WS

Hello, everyone.

I'm posting a PUBLIC WARNING against VPHost.net, where I have one of my reseller accounts.

Recently my domain was reported to the Spamhaus database. I am not sure why (and VPhost refuses to clarify why), but considering I just removed the account of someone spamming underneath me, I would venture a guess that said banned user reported my domain.

Nevertheless, VPHost, unwilling to negotiate with neither me nor Spamhaus has just sent me a notification that I am going to be DELETED from their servers in 48 hours, unnegotiably. They claim I have performed a TOS violation.

After extensive reading of their ToS, I realized that there is nothing stated about spamming unbeknownst to the owner. In my case, they had stated that deliberate support of spammers and/or spamming yourself would get you dropped.

However, seeing as I myself have not sent out any spam nor had any knowledge of my own blacklisting -AT ALL- until the notice from VPHost (That's right, folks, no message, no nothing, just, "GUESS WHAT, YOU'RE DELETED, LOLOLOLOL").

Guess what I got as a reply?
A modification to the TOS.

No further work. No refunds. Hell, I don't even get a backup of WHM from them.

So, I warn you all, STAY AWAY FROM VPHOST if you want your website to survive more than a year.

As for my part, well, I have no mail quene, or ANY email tools in whm, except for create account, delete account, etc. I had no way of knowing of any outgoing spam from my reseller.

Oh, and by the way, I don't get a refund. Or any compensation.
Nope, I'm just scammed out of my hundred dollars. :)

Last edited:
I thought there was a TOS agreement about it somewhere....i used to be with them too but they werent all that bad. Sometimes bad things happen is all.

rebelagent said:
I thought there was a TOS agreement about it somewhere....i used to be with them too but they werent all that bad. Sometimes bad things happen is all.

They modified the TOS after they contacted me.

Last edited:
sparky2002b said:
They modified the TOS after they contacted me.

Well any host can modify their TOS anytime they want but you should have a screenshot or proof of the TOS you signed up with.

In my case, they had stated that deliberate support of spammers and/or spamming yourself would get you dropped.

Did you tell them that you already caught the spammer and have already
dropped them from your reseller account or did you skip that part?

As anybody forgot?, if your going to bash a hosting company then whats there domain? (clients domain). OP was is/the domain hosted with them?

Last edited:
a1whs.com said:
Well any host can modify their TOS anytime they want but you should have a screenshot or proof of the TOS you signed up with.

Yup, they deserve the right to change their TOS at anytime without notifying the users which is what they did to you in order to prove their point or simply just to show that they have the power to suspend their customers .

Hello,

I had quite a negative experience with VPhost myself in the past. They were the reseller I had back in the day. I had one (just one) client on there probably 6 months ago, just because I forgot he was still on there. It turned out that all of VPhost's server went down, they didn't have backups, I was screwed as far as that goes. Luckily I got off of VPhost a long time ago, but I would have to voach for the negative feedback towards VPhost. This being said, I was given a refund and they dealt with their situation, it had little effect on me having several servers of my own at the time, it's my fault that I forgot my client was still on their servers. But as it goes, live and learn.

Just my two cents.

Ciao.

Your on a vps, therefore, if someone else on the server spams, the entire server gets blacklisted, you won't be the only one getting booted.

I was given a refund

They denied me one.
I only wanted a refund for the upcoming months as I had paid yearly - but they refused. They're going to BAN me, and still charge me for the months I can't use their service for.

nex-gen host said:
Your on a vps, therefore, if someone else on the server spams, the entire server gets blacklisted, you won't be the only one getting booted.

No, I'm not.
This was a reseller account of mine.

Back