• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Beware of RTG-Asia

utcrazy

Wo ist mein handy
NLC
Hi,

I recrently purchased a box from RTG, since none of my networks allow IRC. The server seemed perfect, aside from the bad english, netcafe was slightly respectable. I was told the server was going to be ready within 12-24 hours. That was almost 3 days ago. RTG disappeared off AIM and FWS, hasn't retourned any of my emails. The last thing they said to me was, it will be one more hour. A wise person once told me, I would never buy a server off FWS, this was the first server I ever had, and definitely the last. I strongly advise you against RTG and their broken promises. I can only hope this post will draw one of the RTG crew on AIM and email to get my server back.

-Mark

utcrazy said:
Hi,

I recrently purchased a box from RTG, since none of my networks allow IRC. The server seemed perfect, aside from the bad english, netcafe was slightly respectable. I was told the server was going to be ready within 12-24 hours. That was almost 3 days ago. RTG disappeared off AIM and FWS, hasn't retourned any of my emails. The last thing they said to me was, it will be one more hour. A wise person once told me, I would never buy a server off FWS, this was the first server I ever had, and definitely the last. I strongly advise you against RTG and their broken promises. I can only hope this post will draw one of the RTG crew on AIM and email to get my server back.

-Mark

Tell me what you ordered? Was it via ChargerTek? Or someone else? They're banned from here so they can't come to speak to you... I have no recent server orders however.

This was directly through netcafe and RTG, I never said chargertek, or know who they are. I ordered a celeron box.

utcrazy said:
This was directly through netcafe and RTG, I never said chargertek, or know who they are. I ordered a celeron box.

How did you pay?, am sure NetCafe would refund you per there money back policy if any.

Paypal, I don't want a refund, I want this server, obviously if they dont' give it to me soon, I'll file a dispute.

utcrazy said:
Paypal, I don't want a refund, I want this server, obviously if they dont' give it to me soon, I'll file a dispute.

See if he will refund you first, there isnt any reason for a dispute *yet*, am guessing the box is in savvis (Asia or Texas) from what I seen from his posts on FWS. Normal server setup is 24/72 hours but if he told you 12/24 then you should expect it within that time frame.

Ok First:

Calm down.

Second:
Show some respect.

Third:
If you don't know who ChargerTek is... then who are you talking to?

Fourth:
Tell me the paypal address and if they resold one of my Celerons, I'll look for you.

Fifth:
If it is one of mine, then I will set it up for you, ASAP.

Sixth:
Sorry but this is not a good day for this.

LOL You do realize, that if it's one of my servers they ordered... I could solve your problem RIGHT NOW, correct?

I really wonder whats going on.. And I spoke to him on AIM yesterday at like 4PM EST time (Brendon was pulling late shift and I was waking him up :p). Someone should have gotten your server up. I put it an order last night and it was up this morning. Shouldn't be having a 3 day late problem.

I push a lot of internal stuff on Brendon for upholding CTek responsbilities, so I'm sure it's rough on him running his own company and dealing with my hot-headed, NY Angered comments about time and money... guy works hard though...

I'm trying to help Utzcrazy out now.

Thx alot HW. I loaded Brendon with a few setups yesterday so I have been putting my fair share on him :p. I've been trying to help, but there ain't a whole bunch of workload I can pull off of him :D.

The infamous hotweelz didn't help me out, instead he got me a refund after waiting four ----in days for these ---- heads. Words cannot describe what I am feeling right now. If you cannot provide a service, don't tell em that you ----in can. This is a public notice to eveyrone. STAY AWAY FROM RTG AND CHARGERTEK. At least howeelz tried his best, but the root of the problem came down to RTG and their staff.

Last edited:
Hay utcrazey, whats so bad?
He at least got you a refund, would you have rather just got nothing?
Perhaps with the money you could get another server that allows irc?

BEN-MR

ben-mr said:
Hay utcrazey, whats so bad?
It's a waste of time.

I'd be ticked off too if someone promised something they couldn't deliver and wasted my time while I could've already been looking elsewhere.

Dc has decided that they will not allow IRC Bots to be run on their server. NetCafe promised to check with Dc and have the server up and running within 24 hours if everything clears with DC but guess it didnt go down well with them.

As such, the funds have been refunded.

We apologise but it was beyond our control.

heymrdj said:
Dc has decided that they will not allow IRC Bots to be run on their server. NetCafe promised to check with Dc and have the server up and running within 24 hours if everything clears with DC but guess it didnt go down well with them.

As such, the funds have been refunded.

We apologise but it was beyond our control.

Wouldnt it of been wise to ask the DC first before any payment was made :confused4.

Craig said:
Wouldnt it of been wise to ask the DC first before any payment was made :confused4.

I agree completely. But for some reason UT and NC worked out on going that route. i don't think RTG should be said to be stayed away from..seeing as UT aggreed to a completely pivotal agreement. But its been sorted out anyways. :biggrin2:

Back