• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

*BEWARE* cjhost.org

amrmsite

Hey,

Just need to tell you to avoid cjhost.org the hosting has been down for several days now with no reply from the guy who runs it scott86 (on here) and they promise a 99.9% uptime. AVOID this host!

Seems like you are just pissed that your hosting is down and simply making a thread so that scott86 can gain interest in it...

brotherhewd said:
Seems like you are just pissed that your hosting is down and simply making a thread so that scott86 can gain interest in it...

And to tell others to avoid this host, as they dont have 24/7 support and or 99.9% uptime.

Remember people ''Two Sides To Every Story'', dont just base your opinions on the OPs main post, there could be a very good explanation for this downtime (if any).

Craig said:
very good explanation for this downtime (if any).

Downtime is bad time and it ain't ever been good.
Most of the time customers are not really interested about explanations. Their interest is on how much uptime they can get from their bucks.

Sometimes downtime is something the host can't fix. You just need to realize it's downtime, and they're trying what they can do to bring the server up again.

ezshare said:
Sometimes downtime is something the host can't fix. You just need to realize it's downtime, and they're trying what they can do to bring the server up again.

One point advice. If you can't fix downtime, stop hosting.
You're just wasting some other people's lives.

my host was down a while back cause they were switching servers

...but at least they were actually on their support accounts answering questions

Dayu said:
One point advice. If you can't fix downtime, stop hosting.
You're just wasting some other people's lives.

Lol can't fix downtime? Maybe you can prevent power outages, instantly recover and repair hard drives and other vital pieces of hardware or instantly upgrade your server and run security updates with no downtime but as for the rest of us..it is almost impossible to have no downtime. I, for one, can't prevent power outages, or recover and repair hard drives instantly and as such I will have downtime when anything like that happens.

Most customers will understand downtime and will not ditch your hosting company at the first downtime if the host is handleing the situation correctly. Of course frequent downtime is not acceptable but then again it might if the datacenter got hit by a tornado or something.

My point? Your advice about fixing downtime is BS. Don't try to talk the talk if you can't walk the walk.

Back