• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Beta Site - Review please!

JustinSurfer

I am starting a web services site, and I would like some people to review the progress made so far, I know there is some strange problems with other browsers than IE, but I already know of these, and am actively working on a fix.

Things to note
Several pages are not yet complete, these Include
Web Hosting
Web Design
Domain Registration
Portfolio
News
A few subpages of scripts.

Could you please let me know on how I could Improve this site, if possible in any way?

Cheers

The Address is http://www.jsnwebservices.com

i'm not especially loving the color scheme...something about those shades of red & purple just doesn't work for me...

The site has some potential but the colors are not professional. The red clashes with purple and I think the colors are too bright. Tone it down a notch. I recommending using soft blues and whites for this layout, that'll look great.

Comments:
-Nice site. The red is not so bright which is good.
-The speed isn't that fast. Improve about that because some visitors will leave fast if the page does not load fast enough.
-Maybe add a little more graphics?

Speed: 780/1000
Design: 820/1000
Organised: 940/1000
Graphics: 700/1000

Overall(Including Speed): 810/1000, 81/100, 8/10
Overall(Excluding Speed): 820/1000, 82/100, 8/10

Review machine updated 16/3/02 :D

With the exception of the forum, everything looks mediocre. As for the forum, it looks pathetic because it doesn't fit with your site (you haven't customized the phpBB one bit). The red bars at the top and bottom look really strange. The body of your site looks really boring and standard. It just isn't very flashy like web design sites SHOULD be. I would give this layout around a 75%, in comparison to other webdesigning sites.

I think those purple bits have gone, theres a problem with this monitor, so I didn't realise they were that colour until you pointed it out! LOL

Anyway, what do you think of the new blue, is it a bit bright?

Originally posted by conkermaniac
With the exception of the forum, everything looks mediocre. As for the forum, it looks pathetic because it doesn't fit with your site (you haven't customized the phpBB one bit). The red bars at the top and bottom look really strange. The body of your site looks really boring and standard. It just isn't very flashy like web design sites SHOULD be. I would give this layout around a 75%, in comparison to other webdesigning sites.
I know about the phpBB not being customised, I'm waiting for the final version to come out before I do anything to that.

Flashy stuff will appear, Just I am getting the content done first, then I can tweak around with the design a bit.

Originally posted by Phrozen
Where is this purple everyone is complaining about? :confused:

It's blue...
I got rid of it, I have a problem with the monitor, and it looked blue at first to me, but it was purple, so I changed it to a blue about 20 minutes ago (0000BF)

Back