• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Best Remotely Hosted Forum Hosts

What forum hosts do you think are best?

• MSN Groups

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Yahoo Groups

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • myIBF

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • eZboard

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HostUltra (their forums, not webspace)

• everyone.net Message Boards

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CommunityOne

Let's see what service providers have the best forum hosting services...

My All-Time Favorite is:
MSN Groups!

What do you think?

Last edited:
Proboards...

I've tried to register for that proboards, but they say you have to download this silly thing and join their cure cancer team, and THEN you will get your board.

If they've started something different, let me know.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Amioo, I thought only let you have a free trial then you had to pay for their service.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Anyway, I don't know, they might have changed stuff since I last viewed them in June.:confused:

Aimoo is bringing back its free service. At the moment, they have reactived all past deleted boards, and they have eliminated the expiration of all free boards. They haven't gotten around to changing the 20-days text, though that rule is no longer in effect.

Re: Proboards...

Originally posted by CommunityOne
I've tried to register for that proboards, but they say you have to download this silly thing and join their cure cancer team, and THEN you will get your board.

If they've started something different, let me know.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Amioo, I thought only let you have a free trial then you had to pay for their service.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Anyway, I don't know, they might have changed stuff since I last viewed them in June.:confused:

http://www.suddenlaunch.com/

Thank You

Gee, this is great. I have(had) an account on aimoo and I must have misread, there at the time was no free services. :( Well, I'll try to login with my username and password there and see what happens.

When I made this poll, I forgot about the others, SuddenLaunch, aimoo and ProBoards. Though, I kinda knew what would be the best and what would be the worst.

I did research on this 6 months ago. I found that proboards and sudden launch (Yabb boards) were pretty slow and lame.

The very best I found was Best Boards. :cool:

Gee whiz...

Gee, I see I'm outnumbered for more people liking myIBF.

Well, my favorite which will never change is:

MSN Groups, Once Again!

MSNGroups is ranked 14th (I think) on my website, and it will drop even further once I add in BestBoards, MyIBF, MyIB, and DK3. (I have already asked someone to assist me with designing the script. :D)

Originally posted by conkermaniac
MSNGroups is ranked 14th (I think) on my website, and it will drop even further once I add in BestBoards, MyIBF, MyIB, and DK3. (I have already asked someone to assist me with designing the script. :D)
Yes well, your site does not set a standard for all other boards now does it?
You have many boards listed in top positions that I personally dislike, so you can't exactly use your site as a guide, its more just "Conker's Personal Opinion on Remotely Hosted Forums" :rolleyes:

Well,

MSN Groups is a great site. Managers (group owners) spend a lot of time on their groups. I myself have spent probally 1000 hours on my group, that's only a year old, updating pages, posting messages, and more. They give you 3mb, if you've signed up after Oct. 2001. I signed up early 2000 and I got 30 mb. You could signup for 10 accounts with 3mb and you get 30 mb.

MSN Groups, is really the best. It lets you have regular web pages on the left navbar.

My group is Here.

I stay away from MSN groups as it is just another Microsoft product that I do not need to at all be affiliated with. :rolleyes:
I try to stay from MS as much as I possibly can.

Well...

Gee, MSN Groups isn't like any other MS Software. They are at least better than Yahoo Groups, and the others. Well, think what you want about their service but I will still remain a proud user of MSN groups. :D

Originally posted by Miller
Yes well, your site does not set a standard for all other boards now does it?
You have many boards listed in top positions that I personally dislike, so you can't exactly use your site as a guide, its more just "Conker's Personal Opinion on Remotely Hosted Forums"

Did I ever say it was a standard for all message boards? If you actually bothered to read my site before making your ignorant sarcastic comments, you probably would realize that I give an explanation of why I don't like MSN Groups.

Re: Well...

Originally posted by CommunityOne
Gee, MSN Groups isn't like any other MS Software. They are at least better than Yahoo Groups, and the others. Well, think what you want about their service but I will still remain a proud user of MSN groups. :D

Yeah, they are definitely better than Yahoo Groups, which looks even messier. :confused2

And, Yahoo (without the ! because it's not exciting:D) doesn't allow custom web pages, and they don't have threaded message boards. MSN Gives you the option to use tree or thread format.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back