• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Best PHP MySQL free host

I think looking for a fast, good uptime, PHP mySQL free host is only a dream. So you guys think Ikonboard is good?
I mean It only need CGI isn't it?

What are the hosts best for that board, i mean without Mysql?

It means what the fast best hosts with cgi without ads?

i think it would be easier to find a good php+mysql host since php is much more popular than cgi these days...

the only no-ads cgi host i know is digitalrice, and they only give you 5 megs of space...

Originally posted by spork
i think it would be easier to find a good php+mysql host since php is much more popular than cgi these days...

the only no-ads cgi host i know is digitalrice, and they only give you 5 megs of space...

then what is the board i can host with only PHP?

Yeah, PHP boards that don't use MySQL are often as bad as the ASP boards. Not that the ASP boards are bad...they're just generally SLOWER. However, it's still better than CGI...many times.

aztekBB ;)

why would you want one? most hosts that provide php have mysql too...

Ya! Tell me? Not HOst.sk i signup yesterday not still active and filled up the database limit of the server. No more accept!

If you have good PHP MYSQL HOST? WoW!:confused:

Well, I think the best board is the WBB board. You nowhere get a good host with PHP / MySQL for free. Even most Paied hosts with that are simply shit.

hmm... did you just say most payed hosts with php and mysql are shit? thats a pretty odd statement... have you ever tried a payed host?

Originally posted by conkermaniac

Ikonboard uses CGI, and I'm sure of it. They use a flat-file database (which is what makes Ikonboards really clunky and slow). It also takes up a lot of space as you get more posts (you'll have to be on the look-out once you pass 1500 posts on your forum).

The best board other than Ikonboard...well, it depends on what you're looking for.

CGI can play with mySQL. Same with PHP.
Perl isn't dumb. And yes, the older version of ikonboard use flat-file, but it doesn't mean it takes up a lot of space. mySQL can take up space too.

hmm... did you just say most payed hosts with php and mysql are shit? thats a pretty odd statement... have you ever tried a payed host?
Well yes! I don't know what's like in the US, but in Germany you have to pay more than 20$/month or you get shit.

Originally posted by weep
Well, I think the best board is the WBB board. You nowhere get a good host with PHP / MySQL for free. Even most Paied hosts with that are simply shit.

so that means ALL free hosts with PHP/MSQL are uber shit

We're overlooking something. You said you get a decent amount of hits on your site. Well, if you want a host that has MySQL, and PHP, or Perl, or whatever you end up using, without ads, considering how many hits you get, you may have no choice but to get paid hosting.

Originally posted by iwod

Yes, Vbulletin is the best, if price does not mattter. It is currently the most up to date ( in terms of technology ) board on the net. But you have to pay for the price tag..........

And ikonboard DO NOT need MySQL.... i have been in ikonboard since the start. And yes MYSQL is optional, and Matt ( the creater of ikonboard ) stat that MySQL will only speed up in searches and when DB is greater than certain size.

My personal recommandation is ibforums.com
The lastest creation from Matt. so go and check it out.

wheeeeee It is now:D :classic2: :chinese2: :cool2: (well the Beta)

it seems to be giving vBulletin a run for its money, I strongly reccomend it ;)

Back