• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Best Paid Host

beanmaster2001

Which is the best paid host which I can pay monthly for? Preferably has free domain name and alot of space and bandwidth. Any help?

bit hard to respond to this... could you be a bit more specific about what you need/want?
There's also plenty of other things that influence the price besides amount of space and traffic: type of control panel, number of subdomains you want if any, amount of mail accounts, some/more scripting languages, database access, etc...

about the free domain: there's really not much in point in picking a host that gives you a free domain when you sign up over one that doesn't. With most I've seen the requirement is that it's only free if you stay with them at least a year, if you leave before then you pay the registration fee. Most will only pay for the first year as well, after that you're on your own. They will most likely have a higher renewal fee as well then what you could get on your own. And third, some hosts will keep a customer's domain 'hostage' when they want to leave.

also you have to decide on how important support and uptime are for you since those translate into a higher cost.

Last tip would be to be realistic, if you only need 2Gb there's no point in going with a cheap host that offers you 50Gb. Pick a host that offers a little more then you require and is established and actually has a staff of more then one in that case.

Take your point about free domains, I'm not too bothered about pop3 accounts as I will probably register a domain with mydomain.com and then set up my own email service with someone like gawab.com. As for support, im not to bothered either as long as i can send someone an email if i get stuck. I would probably need at most a 1gb of space tops and as much bandwidth as posible. I;ll definently need PHP and MySQL, maybe perl. Other than that I dont mind.

Originally posted by beanmaster2001
...I will probably register a domain with mydomain.com and then set up my own email service with someone like gawab.com.

I would probably need at most a 1gb of space tops and as much bandwidth as posible...
Your host can set this up as well (you don't have to use a service like mydomain.com unless you'd like to have the added control.

As for the package, 1 GB of space is pretty hefty, and I'm not sure how much transfer would do ya' ("as much bandwidth as posible"). Do you have a budget of some sort?

I dont have a budget, and the 1gb was absolute maximum, as long as the host has 250meg+ its should be ok. As for bandwidth I would estimate at leaste 5gb a month.

I know you are looking for opinons (judging by, "Which is the best paid host?"), however as you've probably noticed from other threads in this forum, you could also post your needs (which you more or less already did), and let a few hosts here (good as any) post some offers and then ask/search about some of the hosts and make a decision. Just a option for ya'...

As a moderator, I prefer not to make suggestions, and honestly I use dedicated servers so I really couldn't suggest someone I've never used anyhow.

I dont have a budget, and the 1gb was absolute maximum, as long as the host has 250meg+ its should be ok. As for bandwidth I would estimate at leaste 5gb a month.

www.solidinternet.com 250MB and 5gb transfer, $29.95 a year.

I'm quite happy with my first host: http://rcthost.com
Very, very fast tech support, the special plans rock (I'm using special1 now: 1GB space, 10GB bandwidth), CPanel and fast servers :)
Link to my site in .sig :)

Thanks, RCTHost.com seems just like what I'm looking for, one question, does the proce include domain registration or will I have to register a domain seperately?

I have another question about RCTHost.com, I live in the UK is it still realistic to use a host situated in North America? Although My site I have at the moment does get alot of hits from the US. So would it be better for me to look a bit more closer to home or doesn't it matter?

I have another question about RCTHost.com, I live in the UK is it still realistic to use a host situated in North America? Although My site I have at the moment does get alot of hits from the US. So would it be better for me to look a bit more closer to home or doesn't it matter?

Many web site owners are not in US, but the web site is in US.

To get best performance, you should host your web site close to majority of your visitors.

However, for personal web site, there is not very important.

5 pennies a day @ 2mhost.com

Location these days doesn't matter unless the visitor is downloading something.

I've been typing 2mhost a lot recently...I don't work for them...but I think with their search position, cost, and features, they're going to be big.

Originally posted by zoobie
5 pennies a day @ 2mhost.com

Location these days doesn't matter unless the visitor is downloading something.

I've been typing 2mhost a lot recently...I don't work for them...but I think with their search position, cost, and features, they're going to be big.
have you ever actually read their Terms of Service? :confused:
If someone can live with their restrictions they might be alright but in my opinion they are very restrictive for a paid host and are just meant to get them out of their 'unlimited' promise. I'd be very careful if you host with them and actually go over their 'unlimited' 2.5Gb/month. At $4/extra Gb your next monthly credit card statement might not be a pleasant sight.

hmm, for some reason there links are not working for me. over at 2mhost.com. One requirement I have of a pay host is that they are up... i know so picky.

Maybe its me, maybe its them, maybe its something else but all i know is that i want my hosts site to work.

When answering a request, you must include
1. The URL to the plan
2. The price
3. Describe or name the features that match the original request.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back