• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

best managed servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

7trax

I am looking for the best deal on a P4 managed server with approx. 60-80gb hd and 700+gb transfer. Between $125 and $175 if possible. If anyone is interested in sharing one of these servers 50-50 please pm me.

Originally posted by ReFiNeD
managed.com p4's are very nice..

-Ryan

But note they have only Bandwith Provider (AboveNet) they're not Multi-Homed... so, beware... if the line goes down all the Servers will be too... Noone can guarantee...

Cheers,
Francisco

I have 2 servers with managed.com. They have had 30 minutes down-time in the last 40 days. They are adding Global Crossing at the end of January. I would not discount them as a provider just because they currently have one bandwidth provider. Burst.Net/Nocster has many different bandwidth providers, but how often do they go down? (way too many)

Originally posted by jasonl813
I have 2 servers with managed.com. They have had 30 minutes down-time in the last 40 days. They are adding Global Crossing at the end of January. I would not discount them as a provider just because they currently have one bandwidth provider. Burst.Net/Nocster has many different bandwidth providers, but how often do they go down? (way too many)

Actually, if you only had 40 Minutes Downtime dosen't matter, because Every Day is a New Adventure. Are you sure you won't have any Downtime Tomorrow?

BTW, "You get what you pay for"

Originally posted by MATRIX
Actually, if you only had 40 Minutes Downtime dosen't matter, because Every Day is a New Adventure. Are you sure you won't have any Downtime Tomorrow?

BTW, "You get what you pay for"

Ok. So Managed.com has 1 line and when it goes down, the entire network goes down.

Burst has multiple lines, so what is their excuse for always being down?

Originally posted by Robert
Burst has multiple lines, so what is their excuse for always being down?

Why do you say that they're always down?, do you have a Prove of that?, Only November was a Bad Month for them.

Regards,
Francisco
MaTriX Internet Solutions

Why do you say that they're always down?, do you have a Prove of that?, Only November was a Bad Month for them.

Regards,
Francisco

ONE MONTH!

That is a long time...

I don't want my company to be down on/off for a month, I dunno about you all, but that's just me.

Has managed.com had any problems? NO
Do they have a good reputation? YES (I have NEVER seen anyone complain, except maybe there support)
Do they have good support? Some say no, some say yes (who knows, they are new)
Are they worthy of being tried out for at least a month? Of course, why not you wouldn't lose that much anywho (85 bucks... :D)

Well, I am going to give them a try.. If they get screwed over, I will move my clients to some other DC

Regards,
Francisco

Only November?! How about the last 6 months they've had issues. How about they owe $87,000 dollars in debt. BurstNET Technologies is a joke. Anyone who signs up with them is crazy.

They have more issues than the United States Government.

Only November?! How about the last 6 months they've had issues. How about they owe $87,000 dollars in debt. BurstNET Technologies is a joke. Anyone who signs up with them is crazy.

Couldn't agree with you more!

Ok...

My 10 Servers haven't had any Downtime in 4 Months only the Router Issue of November... That's probably me, that I'm hosted on another Planet and not on the Burst Backbones

totally right.

Has managed.com had ANY problems?
NO!!

You can bitch about those 'what-ifs' but they are yet to occur. The chances of the abovenet line going out? hat is a very rare occurence.

You be the judge :D

...as we stated before...

Managed.com has fair support. Not good, fair.

As from webhostingtalk.com, they have a good amount of people happy with their servers :)

I don't see any outages posted..

Refer me if you have any :)

My point was back to the original comment regarding single-homed bandwidth = more outages. I don't see evidence to support it. But you see many of the multi-homed providers there having reported outages.

Anyways, I only brought BurstNet up to make a point, they are not the only multi-homed provider to have outages. I just feel that discriminating against managed.com because they are not multi-homed right now was not fair since their uptime has been above their 99.9% guarantee and I have only had the one short network outage. I used BurstNet as an example because I used to have a server there. Also, if multi-homed is an issue then just know that Global Crossing is being introduced into their mix (managed.com) first quarter next year.

Last edited:
Originally posted by ReFiNeD
Well, I am going to give them a try.. If they get screwed over, I will move my clients to some other DC

Testing out a provider is one thing, but playing russian roulette with your clients is another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back