• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Best low cost host for my needs ?

redfirebird.com

I want to host my domain on the server and be able to assign subdomains easily to translate to ip addresses I choose.

I do this now w/ BN3.com. I also would like to be able to use them to get email through pop3 and web interface as well, just like bn3.com.

however I'd also about 20-50 megs or whatever of web space for the domain as well, which bn3 doesn't offer.

nothing fancy, but here's the catch, I want a host thats been around for a long time and is likely to be around another couple of years.

any suggestions? I would be willing to leave my site as it is now hosted on bn3 and just have my web space on a free provider but I am willing to pay a little money in exchange for server space as well. would prefer something with like a yearly low fee and not monthly

I am considering tera-byte.. are they my best choice ?

what exactly do they offer when they say "shell/telnet access" on their services page? can you run eggdrops from the shell or not? do you even have irc/telnet/ftp access from the shell or can you just edit your html from the shell w/ an editor?

They are a trustworthy company. I do believe that they are your best choice.

And I don't think that you can run eggdrop, or anything else which require process to run. I believe telnet/shell access is mainly for scripting and database managing.

If you are caught doing eggdrops on the tera-byte network they will shut you down and invoice you anywhere upto $500 for the exspense of doing so.

http://www.jtan.com allow you to run egg drops if i remember correctly and they have been around nearly 10 years or maybe longer.

If you want to run eggdrops, I suggest you go for a shell services provider instead of a web hosting provider.

Back