• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

best laptop for 2 grand?

Originally posted by _Street_Fighter
why not?
Too many horror stories. For example, my mom's Compaq lappy is so screwed up it's unbelieveable. Won't accept any OS besides 98 and ME, has a nasty crack in the screen from someone attempting to close it over the metal bar that Circuit City had all the lappies secure with (this is a display model) and some other stuff. Yeah.

Originally posted by Daniel
My 1ghz AMD Duron with a GeForce2MX 200 runs CS and HL + expansions at 100fps constant. The system cost me $100. :rolleyes:

I got my 3.2ghz p4 with GeForce4 4200 Go alienware for $0.

i win.

for desktops I'd still recommend a PC, but for laptops, definitely get a Mac... the powerbook series is very nice, if you have 4 grand to spend, get some really good add-ons, or a 17" one. battery power, my 12" one usually lasts 3~4 hours only instead of 6 like your ibook, but that's usually enough for me.

but then again, for gaming... maybe you should get something else :rolleyes: BUT THEN AGAIN, for gaming, you should get a desktop. :D

Originally posted by notnamed
Too many horror stories. For example, my mom's Compaq lappy is so screwed up it's unbelieveable. Won't accept any OS besides 98 and ME, has a nasty crack in the screen from someone attempting to close it over the metal bar that Circuit City had all the lappies secure with (this is a display model) and some other stuff. Yeah.
i got my lappy there and everthing was fine since they price matched best buy and i for like an extra 10% of the difference which was like 30 bucks... i dont buy display lappies since ppl alwys mess with those...

y buy it if it has a nasty crack on the screen?

I live 2 1/2 minutes from their headquarters.. and I can say that you would never know it's a computer company.. it's all hidden in the woods.

Never, ever purchase a Compaq laptop, that's all I can say.
I bought one a few years ago and it was awful from the beginning.

when you have 2 grand, why get an iBook instead of a powerbook, when it looks that much better and runs that much faster :D

Back