• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Best Free Web Host?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheHostHunter

I've got a friend who really wants to start up a website, but doesn't want to pony up any cash yet. I haven't had a free webhost since before the internet bubble, so this area is kind of foreign territory to me. Anyone have a solid free host they can recommend?

If only I know someone, then we won't be spending hundreds of dollars on a dedicated server just to host our project pages. :D

Anyway, I think zeeblo.com is close to it.

almost free

My friend talks about this site: http://www.ahplace.com

You just have to make posts in their forum and you get a free hosting with cpanel for it.

I have a paid hosting account so i didnt check this.

I would seriously suggest zoomcities > www.zoomcities.com

Great community, support, and system.

Has cpanel etc.

When my site when down for a few hours when I changed nameservers, the admin immidiately contacted me and told me it was down, and i explained that i changed ns. =D Great host.

Zoomcities
Really nice. Although some people dont like Post to Host type, you should try this one. Admins and Mods reply almost immediately to your posts (so do members)

I asked questions about script, and I got my answers in less than 5 minutes (fastest one I think was 2 minute?)

Zoomcities' hosting solution is quite different from others, they dont give you a set amount of size/bandwidth. It all depends on your uses. If you are going to have a personal size, they give you a small space to begin with (for example, 25mb (it's very big if you think of it, one HTML/PHP page rareley exceeds 50kb)). But once you think you can expand even bigger, then you can contact the admin/mod, and they'll up your size.

They use CPanel.

Well If you want a 1month hosting that will go down 5 times a week and most likely go out of buisness then zoomcities is definatly not for you. But, If you want a good hosting that is stable and has a great uptime and not som POS overnight hosting this is for you. I have been hosted for monthes now and not only has my hosting been better than superb but the support i have gotten is near instant.
As for luis12345, grow up.

I'll just say I've had my site for over 13 months now. Go with a host which has been in the buisness 12+ months - or if you want a really sure thing - 24+ months.

Meksilon said:
I'll just say I've had my site for over 13 months now. Go with a host which has been in the buisness 12+ months - or if you want a really sure thing - 24+ months.

Yes I must say, iContact hosting has been around for a while, we are probably one of the longest free hosting provider here at FWS and they seem to be stable too and most of all australian :) Maybe we are striving to buld a reputation for 'Australian meaning "stable free hosting provider"' ;)

Also thanks to all the ZoomCities hosted member's who provided their feedbacks!

Zac

ZoomCities said:
Yes I must say, iContact hosting has been around for a while, we are probably one of the longest free hosting provider here at FWS and they seem to be stable too and most of all australian :) Maybe we are striving to buld a reputation for 'Australian meaning "stable free hosting provider"' ;)

Also thanks to all the ZoomCities hosted member's who provided their feedbacks!

Zac

Hosted here in zoomcities since May! and i really like it! Zoomcities is the best! unbelievable uptime and support so if I where u "TheHostHunter" pick zoomcities! Click here!

Cybertoad Networks is by far the best free host that I have ever had!

I have't tried zoomcities yet, but I have heard lots of good things about them here also.

I have been using awardspace for quite a while and they are really good, I have a good disk space and bandwidth, php support, a MySQL database and can even host my own domain with them. The only real complain I have is the lack of tracking and statistics software, but I make up for that by using w3counter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back