• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Best forum

cheatpark

­
NLC
This time its not that simple. What do you think is the best forum in terms of looks? I know that this will cause a few arguments. I personally can't decide myself.

phpBB2 with a custom template.

Personally, I don't like the way any of the forums look out of the box.

Quality=Time

I like how phpbb2 looks out of the box though. There was a phpbb2 to vb template, I forgot where though.

I think phpBB2 is the best...gotta get working on a custom template, though.

Other ones I recommend are Burning Board or vBulletin (only if you got the $$$).

Originally posted by Bruce
Personally, I don't like the way any of the forums look out of the box.

I agree. Any modern forum can look like anything, once it's customized for a site.

(I prefer OpenBB, since it's fastest... looks aren't a major consideration since my forums all look different when I'm done. OpenBB is probably hard for someone to customize at first, but once you know where everything is it's easy.)

Surprisingly I actually like the new openbb. Its very fast. Has had loads of bug fixes. You can customize it if you want (I found it not too hard to edit some of the template stuff). As long as you know html you could make openbb completely different. Also I had no problems during installation. The bad point is that it requires the latest version of php.

Originally posted by cheatpark
Surprisingly I actually like the new openbb. Its very fast. Has had loads of bug fixes. You can customize it if you want (I found it not too hard to edit some of the template stuff). As long as you know html you could make openbb completely different. Also I had no problems during installation. The bad point is that it requires the latest version of php.
The new look more than covers up for the bugs and the need for the latest version of php. :D

Back