• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

batch updating

andy_jacko

is there a program or something that can replace a certain piece of code in a number of pages at the same time as I have about 70 to do and am lazy.

hope you can help

andy:)

if not i'll have a long night ahead of me

yea there is it's called dreamweaver 4 when i used to use html on my site back in the day it was easy to update and annoying to upload of course but get dreamweaver and go to find and replace and it will find the code in every document and then replace it with the one you want i use php now but i still use it because i am lazy to.

i am not going to explain much but if you don't have dreamweaver then you go to http://www.macromedia.com to get it then you have to go to {{DUH I'M BREAKING A RULE HERE!}} for the crack code for it or if you have some other program that has find and replace that can change every file that would be way easier than my idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some html editors also have that feature.

I use Notetab Lite, and use that feature a lot. :)

cheerz for the help guyz.

After posting I found an old thread that reccomended BK ReplaceEM and although it did the trick it isn't that easy to use. I also got dreamweaver last week on a student licence but didn't realize that you could update numerous files at once using it.

Again thanx for the help

Originally posted by Jan
Some html editors also have that feature.
I use Notetab Lite, and use that feature a lot. :)
You aussies are so cheap! Pro is only $19.95 and kicks a*ss. ;)

FYI it (and light to, I think) can do what you want in both open files and disk files. No need to open them.
http://www.notetab.com

But then agian any Search & Replace utility should be able to do the job.

Back