• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Banner Rotation Scripts

Hello everyone,

I'm just wondering what scripts you're using to rotate your banners and which ones you recommend, and why.

Thanks,

But isn't there a point where the scripts just can't get any better? phpAdsNew has heaps of features.

I don't care how good is the script, you can always improve it. On the other hand if you are small web publisher you might not need any advance scripts, so it all depends on your requirements.

Originally posted by Kaliber
But isn't there a point where the scripts just can't get any better? phpAdsNew has heaps of features.

Originally posted by RevenuePilot
If you want a really good script, you will be better off hiring a programmer and developing a custom script in house.

Originally posted by Kaliber

Originally posted by RevenuePilot
I don't care how good is the script, you can always improve it. On the other hand if you are small web publisher you might not need any advance scripts, so it all depends on your requirements.

I think Kaliber was referring to a point where the 'retail' or 'pre-made' software becomes so well developed, that it is no longer seen as cost effective or viable to create a custom script alternative. With software available such as phpAdsNew, Oasis and AdCycle. There is ad management software to cater for most websites needs, it's simply a question of choosing the right software at the right cost (inclusive of installation and running costs).

An example of effective 'retail' or 'pre-made' software would be that of Microsoft Windows which many large and small organisations use. Although not perfect, Microsoft Windows can manage to do many tasks that are required by the organisation, and it is no longer seen as cost effective or viable to create a custom-built alternative for the single organisation. This will generally be due to restraints such as time, cost and effort; and therefore it can be more efficent to use 'pre-made' software.

Originally posted by }:8) Supermoo
I think Kaliber was referring to a point where the 'retail' or 'pre-made' software becomes so well developed, that it is no longer seen as cost effective or viable to create a custom script alternative. With software available such as phpAdsNew, Oasis and AdCycle. There is ad management software to cater for most websites needs, it's simply a question of choosing the right software at the right cost (inclusive of installation and running costs).
Exactly

Back