• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Bandwidth question on vps

Ruriko

Ok lets say I had a 300gb bandwidth vps I want to know if I use the vps to download stuff on the net would that be counted to vps bandwidth? and if I upload files on some random file host would that also be counted to the vps bandwidth

If by bandwidth you are referring to the amount of space that can be transferred in a monthly cycle, Yes.

Any amount of space being transferred to and from your VPS is taken out of your transfer usage. If you are actually referring to the correct definition of bandwidth, YES your transfer speed will be altered while you are transferring to and from your VPS.

If you have 300 GB of bandwidth, you will be able to upload 300GB to that VPS, or download 300GB from that VPS, or a mix between, like 100GB upload, 200GB download.

If you have 300 GB of bandwidth, you will be able to upload 300GB to that VPS, or download 300GB from that VPS, or a mix between, like 100GB upload, 200GB download.

The OP has a point really, Most providers do not state what their transfer allocation is.

So like you mentioned its a mix, Most are 50/50

Example 300gb bw split into 150gb bw up/ 150 gb bw down.

The OP has a point really, Most providers do not state what their transfer allocation is.

So like you mentioned its a mix, Most are 50/50

Example 300gb bw split into 150gb bw up/ 150 gb bw down.

Incorrect.

Most are of a variable mix, as long as the total (up + down) does not come to greater than the total allocated (In this example, 300GB)

That might depend on the web hosting company you are working with. If you have doubts better specify that with your current web hosting provider

I believe that would be not a problem at all to have VPS for that budget but what are your needs in terms of the space and bandwidth? I believe that good dedicated server should be good idea for you

Back