• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Bandwidth Monitoring Script?

[JSH]John

JSHosts.com
NLC
I'm just wondering but do any of you know of a php script that is capable of showing the bandwidth usage of a site?

I have a future customer that is being hosted elsewhere where they have no cPanel and no stats scripts installed so I'm looking for a one where I could check the bandwidth usage per week or month.

I've tried to install awstats on the server but doesn't seem to work, I'll give it another go in a sec :)

I get "Error 403 - Forbidden" but just reading the installation guide there and I would need access to the server they're on but since it's a web host I doubt it's possible so I just need to find some other script similar that can read apaches log file and show how much bandwidth etc is being used...

I'm pretty sure your bandwidth monitor should be in the "awstats", wouldn't know why it's not working though. Ask your host, maybe it's a glitch or something.

I think you would need to read from the top post down to here ;) I said on my first post it's for a future customer, they just need to know how much bandwidth they currently use and their current host doesn't have any sort of cPanel or bandwidth monitoring scripts in place.

Then tell your clients to view their awstats? or can't they just view the cPanel navigation strip on the left to see how much bandwidth they've currently used up?

How can they view their awstats if they don't have awstats or cPanel installed on their hosts server?

[JSH]John said:
How can they view their awstats if they don't have awstats or cPanel installed on their hosts server?

Oh now I know what you're saying. So the awstats isn't available for them. Hmm, well if you're the root WHM, can't you fix that?

Chief, you didn't read the first post did you? I'm not their current host, they just want to be able to check how much bandwidth is being used atm because it's a popular site then they can choose a plan.

Just had a look at mrtg and seems like I would need access to the server via ssh to compile etc, they're just on normal shared hosting, thanks though :)

Last edited:
usually mrtg is something web hosts install anyway on their machines. I believe there is a way to configure it to run on a separate site as well as the main machine, have your guy see if the current host can set him up

The customer contacted their host but they won't give out the bandwidth usage for some reason so we're going to host them and see how much bandwidth they use per month. Thanks for the help guys :)

AvailNetworks said:
now that is just plain weird, no wonder he wants to move

Much agreed. Why wouldn't they give the usage? It must have to do with Bush's national security plan :spider:.

Back