• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Bandwidth Issues

Jade-Leah

I am looking for a new webhost that will provide around 75 -100MB of space and I need a LOT of bandwidth. At the moment my site has 3GB of bandwidth and has been closed NINETY times during the last 11 days for exceeding bandwidth. I am currently with Angelfire, but to increase the bandwidth even more is very expensive. I was wondering if there were cheaper options out there - I haven't found any yet!

Be gentle - it's my first post :D

Well as angelfire has not much at all, i think they want a host with features like angelfire, but with more bandwith, and probably very cheap, anyways thats my guess.

Sorry, I didn't make myself clearer! Well, I'm not looking for anything really technical, just something along the lines of what Angelfire offers, as I'm pretty happy with them - except for the bandwidth! I am currently paying nearly $10 a month for 75 MB of space and 3GB of Bandwidth. I think I need to double my bandwidth, but that would cost around $35 a month with Angelfire, so I was just looking for a cheaper option if possible.... is there such a thing?!

Heres what i can offer
$16 a month
100 mb
6 gb bandwith (per month)
perl support (cgi-bin)
free subdomain (you.domain.com)
administrator tools and control panel
5 ftp accounts
10 free email (you@domain.com)

Upgrades:
10 mb ($.20 monthly)
1 gb bandwith ($1.75 monthly)
extra email ($.10 monthly)
extra ftp ($.10 monthly)

Thanks to all who have replied to me. I am checking out all the webhosts mentioned to see if any of them are what I am looking for. I do have one more question though. I am a little worried about signing up to someone I've not really heard of. For example, with Angelfire they are obviously well-known and you know what kind of service you're going to get from them. Is there a way of checking out reliability? I don't want to get scammed! Have all the names that have been mentioned in reply to my post, all been well-known and reliable to date??

Thanks to anyone who is willing to help ;)

Originally posted by Jade-Leah
Thanks to all who have replied to me. I am checking out all the webhosts mentioned to see if any of them are what I am looking for. I do have one more question though. I am a little worried about signing up to someone I've not really heard of. For example, with Angelfire they are obviously well-known and you know what kind of service you're going to get from them. Is there a way of checking out reliability? I don't want to get scammed! Have all the names that have been mentioned in reply to my post, all been well-known and reliable to date??

Thanks to anyone who is willing to help ;)

on the top of this page... pick the button that says SEARCH and type in the name of the host... you should get some comments...

a lot of people are with myacen and cyberwings... they are trusted and good hosts...

- SF

<<Post removed: Post your suggestion of the HOST, with your URL of the site hosted there, *not* your site's URL (spamming the forum)>>

Last edited by a moderator:
I replied to a question that was asked in the thread ...

"I am a little worried about signing up to someone I've not really heard of. For example, with Angelfire they are obviously well-known and you know what kind of service you're going to get from them. Is there a way of checking out reliability? I don't want to get scammed! Have all the names that have been mentioned in reply to my post, all been well-known and reliable to date??"

<<Removed, see your previous post for reason>>

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, thanks to all that have replied again. I will check out all the sites mentioned to see if any are what I am looking for.

Because all the packages on our site are tested by us the visitor knows he can trust the deals.

Ahem, and not forgetting the "shes" that can trust the deals ! ;)

Back