• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Bad Idea?

Ads or no Ads

• Ads?

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • No Ads?

Votes: 12 52.2%

• Total voters

FeediaCo

I would like to put ads on my forum once it starts getting big. Is this a bad idea? I know some people think its unprofessional. Poll started!

Yes it's bad idea, it looks like you are desperate for 3 cents you might earn from those ads.

no its not right now i just figured since that fws even though it doesn't host people they still have ads and its not going to be popups just inline text from clicksor or just google ads

Well,

I don't see any problem at all with the free hosting forums.

Though, thats not recommended if you're providing paid web hosting services as well.

I do run both and I am thinking about buying i Ads or iHost depending on what my situation is moneterily.

good idea but if the ads get too crazy its a bad idea my last host had ads and then it got crazy everywhere you look you got a stupid ad in the way and i just had to leave.. then they shut down lol

Well, when you force ads, the clients don't need such host, they prefer post for host in this case, but if you allow them to have their own ads and remove yours, they might consider keeping your ads.

ads are ok but ONLY if they are your ads (specials, promos, events, etc.) ads on a paid host are extremely tacky, as James said they will literally make you pennies a month, give up your pennies a month earnings and promote your brand instead.

ads are a great way to generate some extra revenue.

i know a few forums in particular that literaly make $16,000 USD a month from ads, and sponsors.

Back