• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Backing up/transferring Outlook from one PC to another

GeorgeB

Chairman/CEO TMCG
NLC
I currently use a program called Genie Email Backup to transfer all my email accounts and emails from one pc to another.

However, when I restore the file, and open up outlook, it downloads ALL the emails from the last time I did a backup.

Is there a way or a program that does the same thing as Genie Email Backup, but after restoring, you pick back up where you left off, and not have to download 100's or even 1000's of emails all over again?

I used one in the past, but since I haven't used Outlook in ages, I don't know what it is. It let you select whatever messages you wanted to transfer.

Sorry I can't think of the name, but they do exist out there.

Yeah, the one I use now, does it all, but the one thing I need it to do the most.

When I did it just the other day, I downloaded over 1,000 old and current emails.

Would like to definitely avoid that or worse in the future.

I know that you can delete the copy from the web server when it downloads, but I like accessing it via cell, web, and outlook.

Back