• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Back Links

jenny

Hey everybody,

Does to many backlinks with low PR, results in lower PR of our site ? Any help would be awesome! and thanks in advance.

If google finds out that you useing back links you will get PR 0 as a panishment..

I don't believe it lowers your PR.
would not make sense if google would penalize you for people who linking back.
But of course your PR will not increase alot if only low-pr sites are linking back.

I am a SEO expert and trust me I know.

The more backlinks you have - The better PR you have. That is the main reason link-exchanging exists. SEO is an art. But if you have over 100 links in one page to other sites - Google will think that its a link farm and will black list your site.

Low pr sites linking to your site will not make your pagerank lower. It will make it higher depending on the linking website's pr - but it cant make it lower.

What wojtek said is correct.

Nugi was being stupid.

Last edited:
Why was I being stupid?? Just because I said the same thing in defferent words..

what you said was not what gopzap said heh

backlink = link back = "hey pal, lets swap links"
linkfarm = page with hundreds out out-site links

backlinks are good
linkfarms are bad

:)

Why was I being stupid?? Just because I said the same thing in defferent words..
"If google finds out that you useing back links you will get PR 0 as a panishment.."

You're trying to say that if a website links to your website you will get PR 0.

oh sorry, I miss understood what a back link was, i thought it was a when you had lots of hidden links, (like a like farm).
Wasn't being stupid, had just misunderstood what a back link was..

and no that's not what I'm trying to say..

I got it guyz. Thanx for your comments. So as long as the back links are from white methods it will not hurt even if the backlinks are from PR0 sites.

well i dont think it would effect your site. However if a backlink has to help your site...they need to come from quality sites

Back