• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Attn: Beware Of Prowebspace.com And Donhost!!! Please Help Me!!!

MagistrateGem

I would like to warn everyone on this forum of ProWebSpace. They are very decieving and hide the fact that they are a reseller for the notorius DonHost. I was stupid and signed up for 2 years of their service. They promised me a refund when I cancelled, but they said "oh, it will be a few days". Furthermore, they are trying to charge me $60 to transfer my domain, which will otherwise just sit on their servers. It makes me mad, because its a domain name I really like, but I will not pay that much to transfer it. If you have an account with ProWebSpace.com or any DonHost reseller get the ---- out of it while you can.

If anyone knows what action, if any, I can take to get my domain back, please help. Is it reasonable to pay for a transfer at all? Don't they just change the DNS entry so you can use it with another host. They are going to keep the name for 2 ----ing years until it expires so I'll be losing it, but theres no way I'll stick with their service.

Magistrate Gem

Below10host is located on an excellent NOC and has plans priced better than that. I recommend them.

I am unsure of what action you could take to get your domain back... I am unsure if legal action is proper.

Exactly how bad was their service?

Well let me put it this way: in the first month (the only month) mySQL was broken 25/30 days, SSI didn't work for a whole week, and their service is 2 people replying grudgingly to your messages 3 hours a day.

They show all this shit showing what kind of network and hardware they have, making you think they are an actual host and not a ----ing virtual reseller.

As for the domain, is there usually any transfer fee from the transfering host. It just doesn't seem right.

Magistrate Gem

IF you would like to e-mail or pm me the domain url , i will be able to help you with your problem.

Jesus thats a completely different terms of service. It doesn't mention transfers costs though, so I don't think they can charge me for them.

Originally posted by Giancarlo

Below10 is a hell a lot better than many hosts.
I'm not saying there's anything wrong with them, I'm just saying that VDI doesn't have an excellent data center.

Back