• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Attention! Do backup until your site is not terminated without warning

braksus

Hi Folks

I've hosted several of my important sites at 3ix.com (3ix.org).

Yesterday my account was terminated without warning, due (as 3ix support says) to "spamming". I've not send any spam message from their server (as well as not sending a spam at all), so was really upset and ask 3ix.com to restore my account. Imagine my surprise when they declined to restored it
in rude words and told me that there is even NO way to send me backup of site's database, at least.

Most likely, my sites took "too much" of their resources (only ~100 times less then stated in their advertisement). I did not make site backup, so this mistake cost me around US 3000$ and 2 weeks of hard working time. Thanks 3ix.com!

That’s why please learn on my mistake, using this advice: DO NOT be lazy and BACKUP all your sites. And for God's sake DO NOT USE 3ix.org (3ix.com) as your hoster.

Regards,
Vladimir

Mate, I must say I feel sorry for what has happened to you. But on the other hand, you should be backing up your data (And client's data if applicable) that is, even against their permission as they will thank you for it when they delete their site accidentally.

Once again, I hope that everything picks up for you :)

That is the problem with shared hosting. Once you use too much of the resources that you actually PAID for, they suspend you. I am glad I am not in that business at all as VPS is more ethical in my opinion :)

I'm really sorry about it.

I looked at their site and they appear to offer "unlimited bandwidth"....that's a red flag right there.

Sorry to hear that,

Not all hosting companies work the same way. We let the customer know when a software or script is using more resources than what we allow and if it is causing serious problems then we suspended the software or script itself in most cases to avoid having to suspend the entire account.

When a big hosting company terminate the accounts because it is using too much resources that means they are overselling and the server is not capable enough to hold all the websites resources that a customer needs.

Hi Folks

I've hosted several of my important sites at 3ix.com (3ix.org).

Yesterday my account was terminated without warning, due (as 3ix support says) to "spamming". I've not send any spam message from their server (as well as not sending a spam at all), so was really upset and ask 3ix.com to restore my account. Imagine my surprise when they declined to restored it
in rude words and told me that there is even NO way to send me backup of site's database, at least.

Most likely, my sites took "too much" of their resources (only ~100 times less then stated in their advertisement). I did not make site backup, so this mistake cost me around US 3000$ and 2 weeks of hard working time. Thanks 3ix.com!

That’s why please learn on my mistake, using this advice: DO NOT be lazy and BACKUP all your sites. And for God's sake DO NOT USE 3ix.org (3ix.com) as your hoster.

Regards,
Vladimir

you should always keep up-to-date backups of your site, like the bible says, life is not guaranteed for one second, same applys to hosting, its never guaranteed, always keep backups. and when you think hosting is going great in your life, boom, your canceled for whatever lame excuse they have.

$19.95 to buy 3000GB of bandwidth per month. Is it possible?
Most of the oversellers will find excuse to terminate your account if you have use up all of their resources. Beware.

Spammers DONT have sites with traffic on spamming accounts, Anyone knows that... If you had money to fight it they would be screwed....

Back