• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Athlon 1.6 GHZ / 768Mb DDR2 Dedicated Server

sonicboom

Alright i have a few of these baby`s up for sell. I'm asking if it's a pretty good price for the specs it has.

AMD Athlon 1.6 GHZ
768MB DDR2
80GB HDD
100MPBS Port
2,500 GB Bandwidth

Selectable OS:
Windows Server 2003 + Plesk Control Panel
Debian
CentOS
Fedora

Price: $49.99 / Month
Annually: $199.99 / Year

+ We have power supply backups, mother board backups, ram backups, HDD backups. Dedicated server stays online for a minimum of 4 months. No excuses. Before i started putting this on the market, I have tested this server with some mmorpg games and it ran well for about 5 months straight, no downtimes. Hosted websites, 6-8 months, no downtimes but when i restarted the server myself. I did many tests on this server that the price is even worth it.

And should i give 3 day trials to anyone who would like to try it before they purchase? Is it a good idea?

Athlon 1.6 is pretty old school, not to mention single core. Many hosts now offer a Dual Core Atom 330 with 1-2GB of RAM and 160-250GB of HD space for that same price, albeit only 1.5-2TB of bandwidth instead of 2.5TB.

I think a price tag of 25.99- 39.99 would be more appropriate for them.

Yeah, this doesn't seem worthwhile for $50/month, as it would be at best the equivalent of a mid-sized VPS package.

For the same price my upstream can get the following;

1.6GHz Intel Atom 330 (Dual core + HT, OS detects 4 virtual processors.)
2GB DDR2
2x 250GB SATA in RAID1
100MB/s port
500GB/month
5 IPs

Your choice of *nix OS, CentOS or Debian recommended with the Virtualmin panel.
Located in Canada

I know a few people to be using these, they're a good value with decent bang for the buck. The only thing really lacking is bandwidth, but it's cheap enough to upgrade that.

Last edited:
I believe you can get as low price as possible with any dedicated server provider. The problem is in the term of contact.

Back