• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

ASP Question

Christopher

Is it any way possible to write my own ASP scripts and run them even though my host doesn't have ASP as a feature? I mean, couldn't I put some sort of script or something.. I don't know...

The only thing I could think of, is if you compiled it. I don't think that would work though.

Originally posted by guitarnerd
Most linux hosts have linux ASP installed try it and find out :D

actualy most dont have linux asp, just about windows ones do. Chilisoft ASP is expensive and Apache::ASP just plain sucks.

Most Good hosts will...from my experience quite a few have had it even if they say they don't ASP sometimes still runs

I meant Apache ASP ok? The only reason why I called it Linux is because I was getting mixed up with some phrases so that makes me an idiot. If that makes me an idiot...weren't you the one who told me I you can't create cell roll overs with CSS?

Bigperm, that was overboard. I deleted your post.

Some Linux hosts support ASP (ChiliASP). We do, but it is an extra monthly cost due to the extra load it puts on a machine.

First off, I think you should have simply taken out the offending remarks from my post, instead of deleting it altogether.

Here are the points I want to make:

There is no such thing as Linux ASP.

Apache::ASP only allows you to code in Perlscript. Most ASP programming is written in VB script, and most resources on the internet that have to do with ASP, talk about ASP in VBscript. Apache::ASP is stupid and useless.

ChilisoftASP, which I mentioned in my deleted post costs money, and as webdude said it is an extra load on the servers.

Also, programming in ASP on a Linux box doesn't make any sense anyway. It's developed for Microsoft OS's by Microsoft. That's like rigging a lift kit for a Jeep to fit on a Landrover.

Also TO STAY ON TOPIC:
Is it any way possible to write my own ASP scripts and run them even though my host doesn't have ASP as a feature? I mean, couldn't I put some sort of script or something.. I don't know...
The answer is no.

Originally posted by bigperm
First off, I think you should have simply taken out the offending remarks from my post, instead of deleting it altogether.

Dont say offending remarks, and I wont delete your post :rolleyes:

...and LinuxASP was commonly a nickname for ChiliASP since Sun bought it and changed the name a couple of time, so some people started calling it simply LinuxASP. Officially, it's not ChiliASP anymore either..I guess it wasnt a good enough name for Sun.....who is becoming as bad as Microsoft and AOL...

Last edited:
Back