• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

ASP/MS Access + PHP/MySQL..?

AcidJazz

Does a host like that exist..?
My site runs ASP with MS Access(could use MS SQL also), but I'd like to have vBulletin forums on it as well...
I need ASP/MS Access support AND PHP/MySQL support
SO far I never saw anything like that...
Any help will be appreciated...
Thanks.

You need to look for a Windows 2000 host that offers the following. ASP(MS) and MsSQL only comes with Win2k plans. MySql and PHP is basically a free add on for windows

One other option might be to leave your current site as is and buy a small plan that supports mysql/php for your forums. You could have the forums appear in a subdomain as forums.yourdomain.com. This is just a thought.

Originally posted by dandanfireman
One other option might be to leave your current site as is and buy a small plan that supports mysql/php for your forums. You could have the forums appear in a subdomain as forums.yourdomain.com. This is just a thought.

I've been thinking about this as well..
Sounds like a good idea...
All of the host that I've contacted so far offer either ASP/Access/PHP or ASP/PHP/MySQL....Something's always missing...
Maybe I should just code all of my site in php or find a good ASP based board(if that exists in nature)
Thanks

I think the former would probably be better in the long run. While there is probably a learning curve associated with coding in PHP, I UNDERSTAND, that it runs faster and I can assure you it is much cheaper to host.

Maybe take a look at http://www.amzweb.com/ they mainly frequent the free hosting forums. I knew they offered a few things you want on their free service, and they seem offer more on the paid one as well.

Back