• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

asp help needed please

cabalstudios

i've been working on forms for a website using ASP, I would like to know if it's possible to do the following and if it is could someone point me in the right direction or please help me.

I have created forms is ASP, what I want is the once the form is submitted I want it to on the results page give the customer and order/support ref number: example cs5366
but I want this to increment not be random.

Also I want the same ref to be included in the email that I receive after the form is submitted. Is this possible.

Also the other thing I want within the same form is for the final submission also be sent to the customer with edited fields aswell as the full submission to my email.

If some is willing or knows how to or can point me in the right direction I am more than willing to offer a reward for you're help and contributions.

Thankyou.
You can email me using the email option.

You can solve your reference number problem by using either a database (MS Access or MS SQL Server) or just a text file which contains the last reference number that was sent.

You should read the file and increment the reference number everytime a request was made.

Regarding your second problem. I believe it is possible. But I have to know more details. Like, do you have the component that enables you to send mail using ASP or are you using CDONTS or just the normal way of sending mail using a form attribute?

If this answer seems vague, please send me an email explaining your problem more clearly and if possible, the asp file you are working with together with all include files (if any). thank you.

email me at:

vong@greatplains.com

Back