• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

ASP and Access

Gayowulf

G-d
NLC
I am unsure of what version of ms access my host is using. is there any way to find out short of asking the admin?

I also dont know which StrConnString to use:
Code:
'strConnString = "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=" & Server.MapPath("snitz_forums_2000.mdb") '
'strConnString = "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=" & Server.MapPath("/snitz_forums_2000.mdb") '
'strConnString = "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=c:\...
'strConnString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & Server.MapPath("/tools/snitz_forums_2000.mdb") '
as you can see i am installing snitz forums. I would reaal appreciate any help anyone can offer.

-Thanks

I don't know how to find the version of access, but if I were you I would use:
Code:
strConnString = "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=" & Server.MapPath("snitz_forums_2000.mdb") '
That one is the first one in the config file, with full path.
It's for access97, just in case 2000 is not installed, I think it still works with 2000. If it doesn't, just use this instead:
Code:
strConnString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & Server.MapPath("/tools/snitz_forums_2000.mdb") '

I attached the readme. I dont know where to put the *.mdb file. that is the main problem. after that all should be ok

Attachments

• readme.txt
    9.1 KB · Views: 5
No need to attach the readme file, I already have the script. I tested the previous version on phidji.com.
As for the *.mdb file:
The best thing to do is put it out of the folder tree so no one can download it. And then edit the full path to the database in the config file.

Ive got it running now :) i had the path wrong. it said it the database couldnt be located, and to check the StrConnString and StrDBtype. I'm sure ill be having more troubles though.

Thanks Ive got this to deal with now :
Code:
Server object error 'ASP 0177 : 800401f3' 

Server.CreateObject Failed 

/forums/inc_mail.asp, line 55 

Invalid class string
got that when trying to sign up.

You should go to the admin page and modify what type of mail to use.
The info about the admin is in the readme file.

Probably not. I will have to check with the admin about that. it would make sense for a system that supports asp to have aspmail

You can always use SMTP.
That's why I like the mail() function in PHP, works almost everywhere. :D

I dont have access to SMTP, but i am getting things worked out. despite that error, the account i signed up works.

Also hope socialreject will reopen sign ups soon like you said. Didn't sign up when we could cause they didn't have php at that time. Damn!

Back