• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

army

It is really your own decision to make. If you would like to serve your country, do so.

Maybe Giancarlo will give you a list of links to the different branches of defence . (Assuming you are American)

He is from Argentina, But it seems that his parents hold strong ties to the United States. I'm Not sure in what way. He is not an adult, but has some very adult opinions about things. I think you will get good advice from him.

What is your main reason for wanting to join the army?

I thought you were from canada murat. Also, I thought Giancarlo was from the usa, but just moved here. I guess I got a lot to learn.

Originally posted by Filòs
He is from Argentina, But it seems that his parents hold strong ties to the United States. I'm Not sure in what way. He is not an adult, but has some very adult opinions about things. I think you will get good advice from him.

What is your main reason for wanting to join the army?

No I am not from Argentina. I am from Spain.

Originally posted by boco
oh, okay, do you live in argentina now.

Yes.
My dad is Italian-American (born in the States, but my grandfather was born in Sicily)
My mom is Spanish.

And I was born in Spain.
I have an Spanish EU Passport and an American Passport. My dad is a US diplomat. That is one odd mix isn´t it?

If I step foot in Spanish soil when I reach 18 I could be eligible for the draft in the military. They are going to get rid of the draft anyways.

they still got it. AMerica might have it again. When your an adult, what country are you going to claim you are from.

they still got it. AMerica might have it again. When your an adult, what country are you going to claim you are from.

Country where I was born? Spain... I doubt America will have the draft again. Only in war, a world war for that matter.

Spain is probably going to get rid of the draft and aim towards a more mobile and efficient military in the future.

some times, but during big issues like say, WW3, they have the ability to do what they want with the American people, like force them to fight for there country.

some times, but during big issues like say, WW3, they have the ability to do what they want with the American people, like force them to fight for there country.

Not exactly. When it comes to a country like America, usually the people would join voluntarily and fight. That is an element of patriotic nature.

yeah, some are patriotic, but a lot of people are scared people afraid to die for there country, it's a greed type of thing, I can understand there point of view but when you think about dieng for your country, your saving that many peoples lives.

There are many different ways to look at war. Ask a veteran if battle was fun. Ask a veteran if he liked seing his friends blown apart. If you cower and run away, you are shot by your own side.

Enlistment for at least 2 years is mandatory in many European countries.

Dulce Et Decorum Est
Bent double, like old beggars under sacks,
Knock-kneed, coughing like hags, we cursed through sludge,
Till on the haunting flares we turned our backs
And towards our distant rest began to trudge.
Men marched asleep. Many had lost their boots
But limped on, blood-shod. All went lame; all blind;
Drunk with fatigue; deaf even to the hoots
Of tired, outstripped Five-Nines that dropped behind.

Gas! Gas! Quick, boys!-An ecstasy of fumbling,
Fitting the clumsy helmets just in time;
But someone still was yelling out and stumbling
And flound'ring like a man in fire or lime...
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.

In all my dreams, before my helpless sight,
He plunges at me, guttering, choking, drowning.

If in some smothering dreams you too could pace
Behind the wagon that we flung him in,
And watch the white eyes writhing in his face,
His hanging face, like a devil's sick of sin;
If you could hear, at every jolt, the blood
Come gargling from the froth-corrupted lungs,
Obscene as cancer, bitter as the cud
Of vile, incurable sores on innocent tongues,-
My friend, you would not tell with such high zest
To children ardent for some desperate glory,
The old Lie: Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori.