• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Are Moderators opinions Worthless?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VLC

I refer to the link below where i asked the moderator 'supermoo' for his opinion an suggestions on free games, but some fool locked the thread so he cant now give his opinion i was waiting for with great desire.

This is a terrible way to treat the opinion of a good moderator whose advice i respect an looked forward to.

If peoples opinions are curtailed when asking for advice or opinion, there will be fewer active members here.

I would ask that in future, peoples desire for help an advice is not blatantly ignored, by people who feel the advice of a moderator is 'worthless' - FOR I DO NOT.

yours faithfully

http://freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44502

I am 98% sure that 'moo was the one that locked your thread that the rest of us logical members had decided to let finally die :p

As for moderator's opinons, it is kind of a responsibility of a mod that they don't voice their stronger opinions very often, but they are definitely not worthess, they have some very strong and well thought out opinions. In this case, Supermoo was just doing his job.

My guess is Blank Verse is correct. I haven't heard otherwise but hopefully Supermoo can address this thread directly. Thanks.

VLC, I thank you for the consideration about the topic but I think the thread had already 'died off'. There had been more than one month of inactivity before your final post. Adding extra options, in my opinion, would have added little to the thread as it stood. Existing votes from the initial options may not be accurate; which essentially dilutes the purpose of a poll. Hopefully my reply to your PM will clarify this in more depth.

Blank Verse and Todd, slightly off the scent this time... It was a fellow moderator who got to the thread before me. ;)

well, yes, that's true. I'm very adept about pointing out the annoying. It's the whole "takes one to know one" theory, posed by 8 year olds.

oh i see clearer now...

Originally posted by }:8) Supermoo
[BThere had been more than one month of inactivity before your final post. Adding extra options, in my opinion, would have added little to the thread as it stood.
firstly- i often forget old threads but manage to return later to them.
secondly- your next statement suggests that members opinions 'add little' to this forum, as it was 'their' opinions i suggested should 'replace' the zero-voted options.

Originally posted by }:8) Supermoo
It was a fellow moderator who got to the thread before me.
In that case then a 'fellow moderator' must think your opinion is worthless, as they never gave you a chance to reply for yourself, which i find is quite immature of them. :(

Last edited:
Re: oh i see clearer now...

Originally posted by VLC
secondly- your next statement suggests that members opinions 'add little' to this forum, as it was 'their' opinions i suggested should 'replace' the zero-voted options.

In that case then a 'fellow moderator' must think your opinion is worthless, as they never gave you a chance to reply for yourself, which i find is quite immature of them. :(
Well, instead of digging up a thread that has gone to who-knows-where, you should instead create a new thread. There's no use in digging up a thread which fellow FWSers decide to let it dimish.

Re: oh i see clearer now...

Originally posted by VLC
Then maybe you should subscribe to your threads so you don't forget them.;) Closed so it can't be bumped again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back